CW Recovery v6.0.1.1 for Coby 7042, 8042

omaley

Jul 29, 2013
I have a Coby mid8042-4 it has different touch screen driver than the 8042. I have a bad back up cant get my drivers out off mine.
Any one have a original rom or maybe a driver they used that will work on the 8042-4. I have CWM installed and the Cm9 rom it boots just fine just no tounch screen. PLEASE HELP!!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have a Coby mid8042-4 it has different touch screen driver than the 8042. I have a bad back up cant get my drivers out off mine.
Any one have a original rom or maybe a driver they used that will work on the 8042-4. I have CWM installed and the Cm9 rom it boots just fine just no tounch screen. PLEASE HELP!!

You would need to look through the dumps uploaded and find modules for your device.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
I think we have the same build device! Or could be cos when I installed CM9 it did that also. If you could check your build.prop date mine is 9 October 2012. So if you want I can upload the vendor folder for you to make touch screen work. That of course if you want. :)

darksihart

Aug 22, 2014
yep im installed pdanet drivers i download 7042 cwm recovery zip no have .bat to install it how install recovery in windows user?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
yep im installed pdanet drivers i download 7042 cwm recovery zip no have .bat to install it how install recovery in windows user?
.bat files?, my instructions don't include a .bat files, if you want to use my method you do as 1st post, if you want a .bat files you need to use another method, which aren't covered in my threads, as I use Linux.

Talk to Traveller1701 about .bat files.
http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/read-first-development-index-and-root-utility.45321/

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Even installing CWM may not fix his issue, as he installed steev's LiveSuite ROM on his tablet.
Thanks, he didn't mention that, just asked how to install recovery, He is on his own now, I don't even try anymore to offer help on tablets flashed with livesuite, the hardware is too different too even bother.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not surprised he wouldn't mention it, as he clearly ignored my "don't PM me asking for help" line in my signature. Apparently, my telling him that I don't support LiveSuite users fell on deaf ears as well.