Acer's A100 and A500 tablets getting Ice Cream Sandwich on April 27th -Engadget

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just checked my backup on my external sd and I can see all backed up files. They're not hidden files. When I click on the memoryzone folder, I see 3 items. A apk folder, a files folder, and a single file called backup.metadata. Last night I was able to copy a game apk to share with someone, but I haven't tried it on their tablet yet to see if it works. It sounds to me like something might have gone wrong with your wife's backup. I would suggest trying it again and if the same thing happens, try another micro card, or Dropbox or usb flashdrive.

Douvie...no root needed and you can read the files with any file app.

The app is helpful. I just plugged the A500 into my PC and backed it up that way. I had loaded the driver for the A500. Wored like a charm.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
The app is helpful. I just plugged the A500 into my PC and backed it up that way. I had loaded the driver for the A500. Wored like a charm.

Well, I didn't even think to do it that way. Sure, that would work just fine. But I do like the ease of the app for both the backup and restore procedure. I have a lot of apps to back up.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Nothing here yet.
I'm sure it's incremental though.

I'm guessing (hoping) some time in the next few days I'll see it come down the line.

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
Thanks, glad you checked as i did so now i know i need to try it again. I had the same thing on my Tab so i will redo both.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Mine is unzipping now, hope all my media works when I put the sd card back in after the reboots.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
No ring here. Atleast the music, videos, and books are all still there, took a while to scan all the material but I kind of expected this.

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
the only thing is I dont have the acer ring. Who has the ring?

Acer's Ring feature for quick access to apps and settings, and better image capture.
You can start mashing the update button very soon, but until then - patience.

dragoro

Aug 21, 2011
The ring doesnt come with ICS for acer 500. It will show up in store later on as an app. Thats what was posted in the acer tablet forums, anyways.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
All the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies...if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it...

83792.jpg

Okay, I'll try to be patient!

mc9200

Feb 28, 2012
I received my update today and was disappointed to find that I still cannot move apps to the SD card such as some games. I was told it couldn't be done with honeycomb but with ICS it would be possible. I do have apps2sd and it only sees the internal memory storage.