Android System Info - Display Device Information

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Android System Info
com.electricsheep.asi
AndroLib Link

You can find the apk here in case you don't have Market on your device.

This tool allows you to identify the hardware inside your device.

The following was grabbed from my Rockchip RK2808a based Apad iRobot (http://hiapad.com for specs and how it looks like)

Main Screen - Note your RAM here
You can round the to nearest 64MB to get an idea of how much actual RAM you have

System Build Info - Note the Fingerprint, Display, and API Level Lines
Fingerprint and Display gives information about your current firmware
API level is your Android version (3 being Android 1.5 Cupcake here)

System CPU - Note the Processor, BogoMIPS, Hardware
Processor gives the CPU type and architecture you have
BogoMIPS gives a sense of how fast the CPU is running (in this case it is 600 MHz, but it displays 50% of that for ARM926 variants)
Hardware is your CPU's identifier

System Screen - Note screen resolution, also DPI if available

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Good call there.

com.electricsheep.asi.apk

Wrong section too. All good now :)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Kudos,

No idea as to the builder, this is outstanding. I have been trawling trying to find a system descriptor just like this.
Onward and upward.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
No problem! I just couldn't find it on the list? I wish I had this prior for the other clone from China would have been nice to know what made that tick. Anyway thanks. Oh by-the-way What's the torrent.apk for? Is that a BT client for android?

Talentos

Sep 16, 2010
I have already downloaded the zip file, decompress it but don´t know how to install it. I can not find it on market. Please advice.

thank you

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I usually install via ADB, but I believe you can install this by typing the link in your Android device's browser.

Use a webpage such as bit.ly to shorten the direct link to the APK file.

stef

Oct 15, 2010
hello i would like to download a firmware for my epad :

Model Number:MID701

Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty

Processor Brand:VI

Processor Main Frequency:600Mhz

Brand Name:MID701

firmware version: 1.6

CPU:CPU600MHz

i-->i accidentally downloaded a program for my epad that cause it to crash..so i re flashed my unit using the sd card with a firmware there for problems like this given to me by the person i bought my unit from...my epad version now is 1.7.4 its working fine but i noticed that there is no application market installed in my unit now...can you pls.help me on where can i download application market?and also wenever im using the application store in my epad the language and the applications thats popping out from the search are usually in chinese versions...but before i reflashed my unit its in english...how do i change this?ive tried changing the language settings but still doesnt change anything/..hope you cud help me with my concern..thanx

springac

Jan 1, 2011
I have a very similar tablet. here's the nitty-gritty from Android System Info:

brand/mark: MID 7" Tablet 2GB(1.79GB)
home v2.05
memory(ram) 256MB
model # generic
firmware 1.6
kernel 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
build # wmt2.1.2_105
fingerprint: generic/generic/generic/:1.6/Donut/eng.howayhuo.20101108.164929:user/test-keys
display: Donut.eng.howayhuo.20101108.164929
api level: 4
processor: ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
bogomips: 174.48
hardware: WMT
resolution: 480x800
density: 160dpi

The touchpad and system seem slow and jittery (firmware problem?). I also can't access the 'real' android market or get flash/youtube to play.
Can someone please tell me how to root and upload a new ROM or firmware. I understand i just need to put it on my SD card - but i don't know what to put on there.

Thanks for all the tips and how-to posts so far!!

justinepeter

Feb 28, 2011
ASI provides a lot of technical information (Hardware, System, Telephony...),Task Manager, App manager, logs viewer, battery stats and more
WIDGET WONT WORK IF YOU MOVE ASI TO SDCARD (it is an android limitation).

Android System Info does exactly what the name states, providing you all of your Android phone’s “under-the-hood” information and morVersion: 1.10.2
Size: 173KB
Category: Productivity
Price: Free
This loaded application comes with five main tabs: Dashboard, System, Tasks, Apps, and Logs.
Dashboard:
Lookup handy info like how much battery, internal memory, SD card space, and RAM you have free.
View uptime (time since the phone was last shutoff), current network type (e.g. WiFi) and IP address.
System:
A comprehensive list of all the information you need about your Android device (e.g. OS, build info, memory, CPU, screen, sensors, java properties, etc.)
Tasks:
A sortable list of opened apps including their memory and CPU usage.
CPU load displayed.
Quickly switch to or end a specific task/app.
Great functionality, just like what you’d find in Advanced Task Manager (and it looks like plenty of Android users enjoy the task killing capability).
Apps:
List of all installed applications.
Launch, manage, uninstall, or view the specific app in the Android Market.
Logs:
A log of exactly what your Android phone is doing, like what you would find in the Dalvik Debug Monitor (DDMS) used by developers.
Use the menu to update, save, or categorize the current log.

beatnik

Mar 5, 2011
After I saw this post i was like WOW i need that but I noticed I already had gotten it LOL. In all its GREAT it tells you everything i will hope to use it to gain knowledge about my tablet as its an aPAD (or Asian pad) I need to find out if i can upgrade the firmware although i have eclair 2.1 i would like to try 2.2 or anything.

Anyway I found this app easily IDK if i used CHOMP or just the Android Market itself but i remember i searched for something like system information (i don't member my exact search term) but it was something similar and when i chose top apps or something like that it was to top of the top LOL so i figured ill get it.

The only thing the is odd that i dont like is that my tablet also has a Chinese app market called EOE and i cant remove it or use it (its in Chinese) So in the end after i ask for help ( i must search and learn as much as possible first (if you dont search before you ask i would not be surprised if you get links from Let me google that for you (i love that site) I like to use it when i know of a search term that gives a lot of good links its usefull to use search terms like "Fail" or "UBER FAIL" for unbelievable questions (like stuff asked that has been answers in the thread the post is in. HE HE anyway thanks for the heads up and also what other apps worth mentioning are you hosting (or linking to) that may be useful? Thanks

Big_Jim

Mar 16, 2011
So it would seem that even though my Droid can go up to 800mhz it just chooses not to.