Android Tablet news round-up - 9/3/2010

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
The amount of Android Tablet news that seems to be hitting this past week is staggering... there is no way we can flood the home page with all of it so we'll be putting together news round-ups once in a while to cover the flow.

932010-roundup-0.jpg

First up we have a new tablet arrival from a company called Rydeen who looks to be coming out with their first Android based tablet.

Rydeen hopes to cash in on tablet fever with Android-based, Armada-powered PND @ Engadget.com

932010-roundup-4.jpg

Next up we have a bit of Samsung Galaxy Tab rumors... there will be a WiMax version, it will be available on both Sprint and Verizon and it should be hitting this November.

Galaxy Tab with WiMax coming to Sprint this November? @ Engadget.com, Samsung Galaxy Tab coming to Sprint in November... @ BoyGeniusReport.com

932010-roundup-3.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Tab has also already been rooted... you know, just for fun.

Galaxy Tab Prototype rooted @ sera-apps.de, jkkmobile.

932010-roundup-2.jpg

Also we have word from LinuxforDevices.com that a Beijing-based online reseller has had great success selling an "unnamed" Android Tablet and they are pleasantly surprised.

Don't forget, you can check out our Android Tablet Forum @ http://www.androidtablets.net.

Also be sure to follow Android Tablet News on Twitter and via RSS with the following links:

RSS / Android Tablet Forum - Android Tablet News
Twitter / Android Tablet News (AndroidTablet) on Twitter

Snoopy

Jul 3, 2010
Great idea with the merged info! love to see all the new info just wish they would announce some harder details, prices & dates! anyways thanks for all the great work admins! you guys rock!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Rydeen is a shanzhai rebrand. I saw prototypes picture about a month ago, and one of my contacts actually has one of them. It runs Android 1.6 and has decoding abilities worse than RK2808, and can't even play 720p. So no nothing new from IFA that I didn't know already...

Shanzhaiben claims Android 2.2 in October, but I doubt the validity of this because of the way the article was written.

The TCC8902 beats this chipset