Any iPad Users looking to switch to Android?

gkzgstuart

Jul 24, 2010
Yup, just did. Not a big fan of being forced to do everything the Apple way (e.g. having to log in to their store for everything). Plus, no multi-tasking and can't really work offline in email while on a plane. Big fan of Android - just purchased from Flat Computing | FlatPad A10 Android Tablet (10.2 inch tablet) - should arrive late next week.

twees

Jul 30, 2010
I sort of am. I have an iPod touch that I have been using for couch surfing, ebook reading and other pretty basic tasks such as emailing and facebook, the same i would be using my tablet for once it arrive. the inability to multitask on my ipod touch is grating...i will be reading a book and get a notification for facebook and i am forced to shut the book reader down, open facebook, close that down and then reopen and wait for the book reader to find my place where i left off. SO annoying. and i cant listen to music while i read either :(

twees

Jul 30, 2010
dude i cant wait until its official. i got an email from daniel stating that my item has shipped so im wicked excited!!!

denhudson

Sep 13, 2011
Any Apple iPad users on the forum looking to switch to an Android Tablet?

I've seen the new samsung tablet and really like it but have used a mac book pro for 3 years and like it a lot. Question is how hard is it going to be to use and transfer .mov and other files and get software to move stuff back and forth. would mean switching to android phone as well (s-2 looks good). may be better off in long run as android moves ahead fast. any thoughts from macbook users on android tab and phones?

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
I sold my iPad to a friend of mine and have made the switch to Android. Nothing against the iPad, but I do look forward to owning my first Android tablet. I'm waiting for my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer which should arrive at some point next week.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
The problem with Apple is.. If you have an iphone or ipod touch... You have an ipad.. Plus,the ipad is so simplistic I just can't deal with it.. Galaxy 10.1 here..

stevejets85

Aug 29, 2011
I had an iPad 1, I actually thought it was pretty good. Zite was the best app. I just love Android and its freedom so to speak. A500 here trumps iPad every time.