Anyone had much experience with this keyboard/case?

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
$gkyz1289382559875.jpg

Anyone have one of these? I want one for recipes and work...

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I own one. I found that the tablet will fall right out if you hold it at the wrong angle which in turn could cause a cracked screen or rip the usb cable from the keyboard. It nvr happened to me but what I did to prevent that is buy velcrow patch or strip and put a patch on the back of my tablet and on the case itself so the tablet is secure and snug inside the keyboard case.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
How is the quality? I would think you would still need you use the stylus and the keyboard is just good for text input? At there any cheat keys for navigation?

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Just got one of these as a gift and I'm typing on it right now. Very easy to use with no drivers or any hassle. Just plug in and it's ready to go. The keys are pretty tightly grouped which takes some getting used to but otherwise, I'm impressed. I'd says it's a safe buy.

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.10 B6 for Kyros MID7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

kevbot

Apr 9, 2011
I have 3 of these - 2 x 7inch and 1 x 10 inch

The quality and functionality is very good and they look great - miine are leatherette - some sellers describe them as leather

As rgocal says, the method of securing the tablet is a bit hit and miss so I have a black velcro strip to prevent the pad slipping out

USB works straight off and the keys are easy to use and pretty much the same as your PC keyboard - IMHO absolutely no need to use the stylus and the software keyboard for general typing

I tried a mini USB2 hub on the pad so I can connect the keyboard and a mouse for easy navigation but none of my tablets liked the hub being present even with one device

still looking around for a suitable hub as I have seen a few Chinese sellers with mini hubs attached in their advert pics

Last edited:

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
The best 18$ I have spend on anything tablet related. Mine holds perfectly well with no issues. The keys are a bit small but you get used to them.

You will have to find all of its special buttons -- for example on this forum, pressing F1 will bring a menu screen for "reply, favorite, pm" and such, but on it doesn't do it on all forums.

I hated the touchscreen on the Kyros, so this pretty much saved me from selling it.

Hey, I just learned that pressing the SHIFT button once will capitalize the next typed letter, while pressing it twice will be the same a caps locked. Kinda cool -- had no idea.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Good info to know. I didn't even realize that there were special key functions. Even more impressed with this now. Looks like there's a market for these. Maybe this thread should be moved to the "Coby Accessories" sub forum?

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.10 B6 for Kyros MID7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
I have a 7 inch Keyboard-case for my Elocity A7, I used velcro in upper two corners of my tablet, so it sits in it perfectly without sliding out!

anarchetype

Apr 10, 2011
I just got mine five minutes ago and am testing it as I write this. First impression: I'll have to get used to it, but I find this to be the case whenever I try out any sort of new keyboard.

The keys are small and close together, so I press the wrong keys a lot, especially hitting number keys when going for the top line of letters. Still, I am making no more errors than I would using the soft keyboard in landscape mode even after a lot of practice. In fact, I already seem to be getting better.

I like that I can use the arrow keys to move around within my text input. Previously I had to use the stylus for this and would miss the mark repeatedly. Unfortunately, the arrow keys don't seem to scroll when browsing documents or web, but maybe there is some way of doing that. This thing came with no instructions.

Backspace works, but delete does not work for text. Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V don't appear to work for copy/paste, but holding Shift and pressing arrow keys does allow one to select text more easily and long press of touch screen does copy and paste.

Holding Shift works just like it does on any other keyboard in regards to capitalization and choosing alternate characters, the only difference being that you can also just press it once and it will capitalize just the next letter. Capslock works exactly how you would expect and so does the Enter button. The apostrophe/quote key is not where it usually is on a keyboard so I keep hitting Enter on accident.

I'm reluctant to start pressing random function buttons to see what they do. Maybe I can find some guide. However, there's not even a brand on this thing, so I don't expect anything.

The little stand on the case seems to work well enough. It has not yet slid out from under the case. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one. The case I ordered seems to look exactly the same as all others I have seen, but the tablet is clearly too small for it and is not at all secure. The velcro mentioned in previous posts is probably a very good idea.

Now that I have been typing on this thing for 10 minutes, I have become much more accustomed to it and it's not so bad after all. By the end of the day I'm sure I will have mastered it completely. All in all, it's worth the $25 I spent on Amazon. I *hated* the soft keyboard - especially in landscape mode. I would clearly press a key in the very center and still it would register as something else. But I like this thing so far.

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum

anarchetype

Apr 10, 2011
Correction: arrow keys do scroll on some things. Yes on Dolphin Mini Browser, no on Tweetdeck. Some screens scroll on this Android Tablet Forum app and some do not. The scrolling, by the way, is more of a vertical jumping between objects than a pure moving of the screen itself.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Correction: arrow keys do scroll on some things. Yes on Dolphin Mini Browser, no on Tweetdeck. Some screens scroll on this Android Tablet Forum app and some do not. The scrolling, by the way, is more of a vertical jumping between objects than a pure moving of the screen itself.

For me, I've been able to determine the following:

1. F1 = menu
2. F2 = no function
3. F3 = phone/contacts
4. F4 = Sleep

Got a little nervous after that and stopped playing with it. Will probably try more later.

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.5.5 B9 for Kyros 7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
155384_471178612948_579882948_5817329_5869228_n.jpg

This above I don't use it, because it flaky keys stick and don't up back up when you press it.

I have 3x of the one below and it's better to use, I had got them for my HTPC server and to use in the kitchen/dinner area.

lenovo_multimedia_remote_keyboard_news.jpg

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011

This above I don't use it, because it flaky keys stick and don't up back up when you press it.

I have 3x of the one below and it's better to use, I had got them for my HTPC server and to use in the kitchen/dinner area.

Really odd, Tipstr. The "above" picture is the very one I use and I haven't had any of those issues. I'm not 100% clear on the second picture. It almost looks like a Ps2 controller I used to have (that is not a stab. I loved that thing). How does this work with the Coby?

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.5.5 B9 for Kyros 7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011

Just got the top one in the mail today sofar no issues. Is that second one wireless or bluetooth?

Sent from my Generic.Black.FlyTouch using Android Tablet Forum

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
Hey Tipstir, my friend, my pal... if you're not using that keyboard/case how about sending it my way???