Apad Rockchip SDK

dstme

Jul 26, 2010
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here and bought APAD-iRobot recently from China. The seller send me img files so I can update my apad. They sent me:
boot.img
misc.img
kernal.img
recovery.img
system.img

and RKAndroidTool and rockdev (AFPTool) with a Chinese manual. She doesn't know anything about updating image file and so am I.

Does anyone know in steps how I can update img files? I'm trying to update as well as root it so I can adb the files.

My APAD - iRobot info:
model number: sdkDemo
Firmware: 1.5
Kernal version: 2.6.25 rockchip 1.2.7 (ruiguan)
Build No: RK-1.3.2 eng.root 20100512.140303

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys.

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
What I would love to know is if there is somewhere he could upload his IMG's so that we could work with them?

J

dstme

Jul 26, 2010
From another forum, I now know how to cramfsck the img file. But not sure if it is any good for everyone here coz I just found out the image file is in Chinese. I will try to get hold of English version.

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here and bought APAD-iRobot recently from China. The seller send me img files so I can update my apad. They sent me:
boot.img
misc.img
kernal.img
recovery.img
system.img

and RKAndroidTool and rockdev (AFPTool) with a Chinese manual. She doesn't know anything about updating image file and so am I.

Does anyone know in steps how I can update img files? I'm trying to update as well as root it so I can adb the files.

My APAD - iRobot info:

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys.
If it's really an aPad with the RockChip, you can get firmware files from some of the other sites. For example, search for RogerBraun aPad Firmware.

dstme

Jul 26, 2010
I have looked RB5.1 before but it is update.img only. I'm looking for system.img and others images (in English version) where it can be customized and then afptool become update.img.

The reason is I'm looking for is to make APAD rockchip works with 3G usb stick.

campacavallo

Jul 30, 2010
if your apad is batch 1 (without camera) as mine, isn't chanches to update your firmware with rogerbraun mods..
roms of RogerBraun isn't garanteed to works for these devices :( :(
but you can try ;)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This has been around for a while.

Some more here:
Downloads - apad-irobot - Project Hosting on Google Code

SDK tool:
Direct flashing to Apad partitions directly , boot to RAM, packing of update.img

RKAndroidTool:
Flash update.img and allows device to flash the firmware itself via recovery mode. Writes update to temporary partition within device to be flashed.

RKBatch:
Flash multiple devices with update.img

char909bel

Oct 2, 2010
Hi all,

I'm looking for an update image file for my IRobot. Can anyone post a link to it so I can download it.

My APAD - iRobot info:

thanks for your help.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010