Appslib Store Down?

amanda2011

Dec 27, 2011
i also purchased this tablet as a christmas gift for my daughter same problem app not working and was told would take a couple more days to hopefully start. taking tablet back. christmas was a wash

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Weather it be drug/toy store specials as you call it, or an ipad 2; why put something out there with your name on it if you are unable to support it. Android devices were sold by the millions this holiday season, all the while appslib being aware of their shortcomings last holiday season. What happens - a repeat of last year. Software companies like appslib are the reason devoted ipad users look down their noses at Android devices. Sucks that some of us are poor folk and have to purchace decent hardware with crappy bundled software attached to it instead of the better "apple" devices. (i say better becasue has itunes crashed this holiday season?)

The genuine Google Android Market hasn't crashed either. I'm not deriding people looking for or purchasing budget devices. I'm saying if they'd done their homework, they could've spent the same dollars & gotten a better product or they could have prepped the tablet ahead of time, even to hacking it to add the actual Google Market, if they desired.

Five minutes of Googling would have told them how bad Appslib is and why they would need to modify their tablet.

You can have it fast, cheap or easy, but you only get two. I spent over a year researching tablets. I finally bought when Best Buy had really good Black Friday deals. That was patience paying off. For just about the same price of a Coby 7022, with Android 2.3 and having to hack the Market onto it, I got the Acer a100 for one child and two Dell Streaks for the youngers. All of them have Honeycomb and have Google services out-of-the-box.

Yes, I spent more than the $80-100 for the holiday "specials" that so many people bought. But I spent far less than the $300+ retail for those models and far, far less than an iPad or Xoom.

Some of those holiday specials are worthwhile devices, after you do the work required to get better function. People just didn't do their research. Stores count on impulse buys to bolster their sales numbers. If they market a budget ereader with Android OS as a "tablet", more people will buy them.

A lot of people will be returning models to the stores this week that could have been modified to do more if they'd just done a little research and spent some time with it. Then, they'll be "turned off" by Android due to their own ignorance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

angelclare001

Dec 25, 2011
What it comes down to is your rudeness. There is no call or reason for it. I for one am unwilling to hack my device. I don't want to waste a year of my life comparing tablets about details I will never understand. What I want what we all want is a massive company to support the products they sold us withfull knowledge this would happen and make an effort to fix it in reasonable time. The only thing any of us wish from you who is so much better is for you to get off your high horse and go away.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Appslib isn't massive. This isn't Google's or Android's fault/problem. Appslib is a third party solution installed on budget devices that CBA to get Google's seal of approval. Android Market and Amazon have both handled the extra traffic just fine. For those of you with budget devices and unwillingness to hack Market onto them, try Amazon. If you're device is compatible, you'll be much happier there than at Appslib.

Appslib, Amazon and Google are software providers. They didn't manufacture your device. They didn't brand the device or market or sell it. This ecosystem is far different from Apple. Some people like it. Some don't. Yes, it's friendlier to tinkerers and hackers. For people who don't want to twink, there are plenty of Android tablet models approved by Google ranging from $200 to $500+.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

samm.glover

Dec 27, 2011
I got a arnova 8 4g and im having problems with appslib website too i can get on it now And again but when it comes to downloading apps it says there is a problem with the sever, im guessing its because of the overload of people getting Android tablets for xmas lol

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Yes, samm. It's an overload. Compared to Amazon or Android, Appslib is pretty small. Overloaded servers will remain common all week. Try Amazon if your device will run it.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

Vommit

Jan 4, 2012
Hey I have a Coby Kyros MID7022 and I have had all the same errors as mentioned, however I simply waited a day or to and that seemed to fix the issue. What I'm running into is that when I go to create an account on AppsLib and fill out everything and click to submit it all I get either the message '500 - Internal Server Error' or just a white blank screen. So I am unable to create an account, I am able to read books, download apps, etc. as long as it doesn't require an appslib account sign in. Anyone else unable to create an AppsLib account?