Appslib Store Down?

Maggot2004

Dec 26, 2011
Anyone got any idea when the AppsLib app will be back up and running? Having the same problems as the rest of the guys on here - Bought my daughter a tablet for xmas and we are very frustrated (like everyone else) that she has not been able to download any apps etc (she is starting to think this is the worst present she has ever had!!). Usual error messages - Server Error - check connection, site under maintenance and when it does get anywhere unable to successfully download anything - not enough memory!!! Please advise as new to all this and starting to lose the will to live!!!

suebee

Dec 26, 2011
I think I'm more frustrated than my daughter. Trying to be patient but I feel like I gave her a broken tablet. How long does it take Appslib to get it together?

jeetee96

Dec 26, 2011
Agree with you SueBee, very disappointing from Appslib. You would have thought they would have been prepared for a post Christmas rush.

There appears to be no issue with the Android Market but obviously we can't access that on our Archos tablets yet :(

rjstange

Dec 26, 2011
I am SO relieved to find out that I am not the only one with these problems. As soon as I got on and saw that no downloads were available, I said I imagined that the traffic was INSANE due to the Android App units sold over the holiday. You would have assumed though that SOMEBODY at Apps-Lib had a clue....but obviously not. What REALLY sucks is that my wife and two kids sat and immediately were enjoying and using their I-Pad's....very sad and extremely aggravating. I HOPE it is remedied very soon.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
What REALLY sucks is that my wife and two kids sat and immediately were enjoying and using their I-Pad's....very sad and extremely aggravating. I HOPE it is remedied very soon.

My son received an Acer a100 from me, which is Google certified & has access to the Google Android Market out of the box. He was also able to sit down & immediately play with it & enjoy it.

Yesterday and today the forum has been flooded with upset people who bought drug/toy store specials, but they expected iPad-like experiences, which is unrealistic at best and possibly downright delusional.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Dec 26, 2011
So I'm Glad To See I'm Not The Only One Having Problems With It ! . iGot This On Christmas , And It's Frusterating That It Doesnt Work , The Same Messages Keep Coming Up Constantly "Server Error - check connection, site under maintenance" and when it does get anywhere unable to successfully download anything - not enough memory.... Does This Happen Every Year Or What ? . . .

lonnierae38

Dec 26, 2011
I went to amazon apps.com as someone suggested earlier in thread and have been downloading apps since and havin fun with it. No luck in two days from appslib. There r alot of free apps at amazon. Too bad we cant use the appslib since that app was already on tablets when purchased.

NorthernNew

Dec 26, 2011
I've had a nightmare with Appslib. Tried Amazon, downloaded the app then found out that it won't allow me to download anything because I'm in the UK. Does anyone know if there's a way around this?

tl4221

Dec 27, 2011
I also downloaded Amazon apps store. Was able to get free apps including "Words with Friends" (one of the main reasons I got tablet).

jamon

Dec 26, 2011
Weather it be drug/toy store specials as you call it, or an ipad 2; why put something out there with your name on it if you are unable to support it. Android devices were sold by the millions this holiday season, all the while appslib being aware of their shortcomings last holiday season. What happens - a repeat of last year. Software companies like appslib are the reason devoted ipad users look down their noses at Android devices. Sucks that some of us are poor folk and have to purchace decent hardware with crappy bundled software attached to it instead of the better "apple" devices. (i say better becasue has itunes crashed this holiday season?)