Archos posts new Froyo Firmware 3.2.26

Kevster66

May 6, 2011
Hi all
I have the Archos 70 250GB internet tablet which I've just upgraded the firmware on to 2.3.26, now I can't delete any videos unless it's through my pc also video player and Aldiko crashes all the time has anyone else noticed these faults? I'm tempted to go back to 2.3.20 (but unsure how)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Hi all
I have the Archos 70 250GB internet tablet which I've just upgraded the firmware on to 2.3.26, now I can't delete any videos unless it's through my pc also video player and Aldiko crashes all the time has anyone else noticed these faults? I'm tempted to go back to 2.3.20 (but unsure how)

Here are the steps to downgrade. it is not that hard.
1. Use your PC to Download the 2.2.20 Firmware Here Forum.ArchosFans.com - View topic - new firmware 2.3.20 - report bugs here
2. Once downloaded. Copy it to your A70. Place it in the root folder. You can copy it multiple ways. But I think on the A70/250 it is easiest to either put it on a USB Stick and copy from there. or Connect the A70 to your PC and then mount the A70 as drives. Copy the file to the root. of your A70 partition, NOT the Hard drive partition.
3. Disconnect. Your unit will see it has a Firmware update. And ask you if you want to install it. Answer yes
4. Follow the instructions.
5. Once it is back to the loading Archos Screen and if it stays there. Power off or press the reset button.
6. You should now be back to 2.3.20
7. You should not have lost any apps previously installed. But the pre-installed bloatware which you may have removed may be back.