Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.2 Modified to Work on Coby 7042 and 8042

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Anybody else having camera issues. When i switch to video mode in the camera app the image gets all sqished and distorted. If I use a video call app like google+ or skype The image also seems distored and when you change the orientation to landscape it stays portrait but the image goes upside down. I think some things need to be ripped from the stock rom and put into this rom. Orientation itself seems off, such as when i lay it flat on a surface it wants to go landscape, and a set orientation app is no substitute for being able to hold the tablet in the orientation you want and then just switch off auto rotation, then its locked which is how the stock works. Also has anyone using google voice for text ever had the entry field all of a sudden go unreadable and what u type goes into the field but u cant see it. I also assume as a whole this forum gave up on getting us a working dictionary and spelling correction. Hope im not the only one we these issues.

Mid7042, not goodix.

You are free to modify these roms however you want, rip what ever you want from stock rom, These roms suite me as they are if you want something different, you are free to make your own rom.

Aug 8, 2012
it's mounted under /mnt/extsd/179_1

in terminal or adb type

busybox df -h

mine looks like this

/dev/block/vold/179:1 10.0G 3.1G 6.9G 31% /mnt/extsd/179_1

you can if you want edit vold.fstab and have your sdcard mount as sdcard, right now it mounts as extsd

I followed the directions to do this that you had posted in another thread. (I just swapped extsd and sdcard on the two lines of the vold.fstab). This still mounts it as 179_1, just under the sdcard instead of extsd. Storage under system settings still doesn't associate a value to it. Also the data folders for apps still default to /sdcard/ and don't go into the sdcard/179_1/ . Where all would I need to change the paths or can I just edit the vold.fstab to mount it as /mnt/sdcard/ and omit the 179_1 from the line or will this create problems with being able to use the partition as it's own volume.

Thanks for your time and I wish that I wasn't so green. I am trying to learn and do research, but I had difficulty finding resources for this question.

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
vampirefo. said:
You are free to modify these roms however you want, rip what ever you want from stock rom, These roms suite me as they are if you want something different, you are free to make your own rom.

Noooo, really I can....thanks vampirefo , huge help, your a peach. So what your saying is, unless the problem bugs u, its up to the rest of us to fix them. ....dammit, we need steev working on the coby 3rd gens, that guy somehow finds the time to take care of all the problems, he's a good dev, too bad he has the novo now.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2012
Noooo, really I can....thanks vampirefo , huge help, your a peach. So what your saying is, unless the problem bugs u, its up to the rest of us to fix them. ....dammit, we need steev working on the coby 3rd gens, that guy somehow finds the time to take care of all the problems, he's a good dev, too bad he has the novo now.

So Ziggy, what you are saying is that if you have a problem with anything, you expect the developer to drop everything and try to fix it for you? I read through this thread, and Vampirefo has already indulged you in trying to recreate a problem, was unable to recreate your boot animation problem on either the 7042 or the 8042. You never posted resolution after that. He has been too busy porting cwm 6 to multiple devices to chase another of your rabbit holes and you get butthurt and insulted the developer that from my initial searches seems to have done quite a bit for our devices. If you want to be taken seriously, you should change your approach. You have only thanked 2 people on the forums. I guess only 2 people have done anything that has benefited you since May.... I hate being involved in anything that resembles drama, but I don't think attacking developers is in anyone's best interest. Good luck to you.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Ziggyzag, the developers like Vampirefo and Steev do this on their own time and without any compensation other than a thank you and feedback if there are issues with their ROMs. Without them, you would still be whining about how Google Play isn't on the device. Without them, I wouldn't have figured out how to change the XML files in framework-res.apk and actually have the result WORK. I am thankful for Vampirefo's support. Without it we 9742 users wouldn't have Clockworkmod on our devices and would still be using ADB at best, or Livesuite at worst.

XDA Developers is rife with this kind of thing from users expecting developers to bend over backwards and cater to their whims. I have no tolerance for it over there and I'm not going to put up with it here. So consider this your first and only warning. Any further posts that insult another poster will be reported to the moderators to deal with.

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
cause you folk are so righteous, I report bugs and he says ehhh its fine for me. If your gonna copy & paste other peoples work at least stand by it, , acknowledge the problems, and try to figure them out. If what I said seemed insulting then forget the rom, the first thing that needs to be developed for u is a backbone. You all don't want to solve the core problems wrong with this build then fine, I'll shutup, cause at this rate I'll have new tablet before things are addressed. Also, traveller, Lucky unlike XDA this forum doesn't have some wacked out resident priest who moderates it so much and moves threads so much nothing gets solved, defeating the point of moderation. In closing, lighten up would-be geeks.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
cause you folk are so righteous, I report bugs and he says ehhh its fine for me. If your gonna copy & paste other peoples work at least stand by it, , acknowledge the problems, and try to figure them out. If what I said seemed insulting then forget the rom, the first thing that needs to be developed for u is a backbone. You all don't want to solve the core problems wrong with this build then fine, I'll shutup, cause at this rate I'll have new tablet before things are addressed. Also, traveller, Lucky unlike XDA this forum doesn't have some wacked out resident priest who moderates it so much and moves threads so much nothing gets solved, defeating the point of moderation. In closing, lighten up would-be geeks.

I have no interest in fixing your problems, they are your problems fix them yourself or use another rom simple as that, it's people like you that cause many dev's not to share their work, I could simply only dev for myself, I share what I do for others so they can have something better than stock. However when someone like you comes along I question myself whether I should even bother replying to you. I am adding you to my ignore list, good luck with your new tablet and GOD help the dev that is working on it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@ziggyzag: He wasn't able to duplicate the issues you say you are having. Since you and he are using the same ROM and only you are having issues, that eliminates the ROM itself as the cause of your problem. That leaves the following:

1. A bad flash.
  2. A hardware issue.
  3. User error.
The first can be fixed by flashing the ROM again. The second is something Coby would have to fix. The third? That's on you.

Regardless of how it was described by myself or others what you said was disrespectful and unwarranted. It simply will not be tolerated here, and this is non-negotiable. So take your own advice and develop a backbone. You might actually be able to accomplish that before you create a ROM.

Last edited:

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the difference between the open source world and the android world....not quite the same level of cooperation. I hope u all thank vampirefo a gizzilion times for the work he rips.

Aug 8, 2012
I followed the directions to do this that you had posted in another thread. (I just swapped extsd and sdcard on the two lines of the vold.fstab). This still mounts it as 179_1, just under the sdcard instead of extsd. Storage under system settings still doesn't associate a value to it. Also the data folders for apps still default to /sdcard/ and don't go into the sdcard/179_1/ . Where all would I need to change the paths or can I just edit the vold.fstab to mount it as /mnt/sdcard/ and omit the 179_1 from the line or will this create problems with being able to use the partition as it's own volume.

Thanks for your time and I wish that I wasn't so green. I am trying to learn and do research, but I had difficulty finding resources for this question.

For now, I have set that sdcard aside until I can figure out how to get it set up the way I want it. For now, I just reflashed the boot image and installed the version of this rom that runs on internal memory. I then switched the mount points in the vold.fstab so that my sd card mounts in the position that everything defaults to. If I figure out how to do this when running the rom from the partitioned sdcard, I will post back about this.

Thank you again for all the work that you do, Vampirefo.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
For now, I have set that sdcard aside until I can figure out how to get it set up the way I want it. For now, I just reflashed the boot image and installed the version of this rom that runs on internal memory. I then switched the mount points in the vold.fstab so that my sd card mounts in the position that everything defaults to. If I figure out how to do this when running the rom from the partitioned sdcard, I will post back about this.

Thank you again for all the work that you do, Vampirefo.
I work construction so I am only at my house Saturday and Sunday, Saturdays I spend with my son Sundays I spend with my wife. If I find time I will see what I can do. Might need to have script to force mount I just haven't had the time to look into it.

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Traveller1701 said:
@ziggyzag: He wasn't able to duplicate the issues you say you are having. Since you and he are using the same ROM and only you are having issues, that eliminates the ROM itself as the cause of your problem. That leaves the following:

[*]A bad flash.
[*]A hardware issue.
[*]User error.

The first can be fixed by flashing the ROM again. The second is something Coby would have to fix. The third? That's on you.

Regardless of how it was described by myself or others what you said was disrespectful and unwarranted. It simply will not be tolerated here, and this is non-negotiable. So take your own advice and develop a backbone. You might actually be able to accomplish that before you create a ROM.

Listen bud this isnt rocket science,, its a linux distro on an embedded system. Tha makes it simplier then say a workstation install All Im saying is this rom is from another device, the orientation and camera settings or hardware might be different, making an issue. Vampirefo has acnknowledged that the rom defaults to landscape when auto rotatation is shut off, stock locks in on whatever. So the rom has a default view and im having camera orientation and boot animation problems. Doesnt that seem like a logical place to start. Ive reflashed enough clean times to know its not the flash or something post. He also said that his never seen a rom that didnt default landscape, guess he never to a hard look at the rom that came with the device in his hand. Rom cooking and editing is not some saints work, and as for here, this forum needs a kick in its arse. After dealing with this mess of crap discussion I wish I had bought a better device just for the better community and forums. Instead of got devs who dont even know the specs of the stock rom, yet post roms for people to install. Nice job with fstab too.

Aug 8, 2012
I work construction so I am only at my house Saturday and Sunday, Saturdays I spend with my son Sundays I spend with my wife. If I find time I will see what I can do. Might need to have script to force mount I just haven't had the time to look into it.

By all means, please make spending time with your family your first priority! I do construction as well and am glad that I haven't had to work out of town lately. I got this tablet to have a lower priority device that I can learn on without the learning curve being so stiff. If you can point me towards learning resources, that is at least as valuable to me as being spoonfed solutions. It is a shame that some people don't seem to realize how much time and effort it takes to accomplish this.

Thanks again.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Listen bud this isnt rocket science,, its a linux distro on an embedded system. Tha makes it simplier then say a workstation install All Im saying is this rom is from another device, the orientation and camera settings or hardware might be different, making an issue. Vampirefo has acnknowledged that the rom defaults to landscape when auto rotatation is shut off, stock locks in on whatever. So the rom has a default view and im having camera orientation and boot animation problems. Doesnt that seem like a logical place to start. Ive reflashed enough clean times to know its not the flash or something post. He also said that his never seen a rom that didnt default landscape, guess he never to a hard look at the rom that came with the device in his hand. Rom cooking and editing is not some saints work, and as for here, this forum needs a kick in its arse. After dealing with this mess of crap discussion I wish I had bought a better device just for the better community and forums. Instead of got devs who dont even know the specs of the stock rom, yet post roms for people to install. Nice job with fstab too.
Still whining?

Seriously, you act as if people here owe you something. If you're so unhappy, sell your device and GTFO.

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Traveller1701 said:
Still whining?

Seriously, you act as if people here owe you something. If you're so unhappy, sell your device and GTFO.

Yea cause that what I'm doing whinning, all that technical ****, its whinning. Listen, traveller, just cause your so dependent on others to show you how to do basic stuff and you feel you have to EDITED them ( I mean thank), that doesn't mean the rest of the world is as impotent. You people are so damn sensitive and hell bent on getting praise, we never work any of the problems. This forum is here for communication and collaboration, instead we have most people sitting waiting for some selfprofessed developer to solve things then thank him. Vampirefo's howto has caused problems, a good man works with people when this occurs, this guy gives u one post and then forgets about it. If you ever worked with AOSP or Cyanogenmod people, even the people who work all week and have a family, they have a much better attitude. So nobody wants there video cam working properly, no one wants to get a better kernel so there tab won't randomly reboot or lock. If my words were disrespectful, well, you need to buck up and stop being a sensitive EDITED. U can't take the heat GTFO of the rom kitchen.

Last edited by a moderator: