Linux Users, Coby 7042, Root, Recovery, Update, All Without Livesuite

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have put together a Puppy Linux live CD with the Android SDK and its dependency Java included. It's made from Lucid Puppy 528, chosen for compatibility with a huge range of hardware. It has been tested on a Pentium 4, a Pentium Dual-Core, and a new I3. I no longer have a Pentium 2 or 3 but it should work on those also assuming adequate RAM, I'm guessing about 128MB minimum.

I have no place to upload the ISO to! Any suggestions or offers are welcomed. That is if anyone is interested in any such thing.

Try 4shared how big is the iso?

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
I'll look into that. It's 212MB.

Damn! 4Shared has a 200MB limit. I might be able to shave 12MB, but after all it is a full installation and it has to have JAVA. Let's see....

Last edited:

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Here is MediaFire link (zip file includes md5sum):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fbeok2pod4x75j8/lupu528AndSDK-JAVA.iso.zip

For noobs: extract zip, use just about any burning software to burn ISO to CD. Burn multisession if possible, lets you save any additions or changes back to the CD on shutdown. Make sure your PC is set to boot from CD in BIOS setup, put CD in and reboot. Puppy should boot to a desktop, and usually will configure a wired Internet connection automatically. Open a terminal or console to type in ADB commands. It might be a good idea to install a browser to get to this forum, download files and instructions and code snippets. On shutdown you are given options to make a "savefile", either on the multisession CD or on the PC or not at all. Unless you ask it to, Puppy will make no changes whatsoever to your computer; if you save to CD and take the CD out there is no way to tell you were there at all.

Last edited: