Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.2 Modified to Work on Coby 7042 and 8042

dju35

Jun 22, 2012
Hi,

On mi MID7042

Enter recovery by vol+, metallic button and power.

Choose apply update from external storage, chose the zip you provide, then error E:signature verification failed, installation aborted.

Please help.

Thanks

Last edited:

rposlp

Jun 17, 2012
found one annoying bug in the settings>display when changing to auto hide status bar or always hide status bar, cant access anymore to the settings>display menu. need to do a factory reset to solve the problem :S seems that batery goes down quicker than the stock rom

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
found one annoying bug in the settings>display when changing to auto hide status bar or always hide status bar, cant access anymore to the settings>display menu. need to do a factory reset to solve the problem :S seems that batery goes down quicker than the stock rom

Yes just got a chance to test this it isn’t workining , another way to hide status bar is to download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontroldemo

use this app to hide and unhide status bar, don't mess with settings > display

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Okay have this rom running. You need to flash gapps after install if you want the google quick search to work. It takes longer to load then the stock. For some reason unlike in the stock rom if you turn auto rotation off it is locked in landscape, in the stock you can switch it of either and it stays locked in that position. Its odd, when you first boot after install and start the market you have access more things in the market (qik video for sprint for instance) but after you start the market it updates itself and your restricted back to a market similar steevs rom. The boot animation doesnt seem to be work so dont get freaked when you reboot. I tried to install a new one with rom toolbox, when i did the stadard android animation came up and it never came out of boot so i had to go back to recovery and reflash. There are some perks, such as the audio effects, im a cyangenmod user so having dsp manager is great. The gauged batter icon is nice, and it seems that from some reason in this rom play gives you the latest google+ with video hangouts. This is a good start, hope it continues.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
boot animation is turned off so the boot process seems a little quicker, the boot animation is very short so some people might think it's frozen but it's not, so I disabled the boot animation, if you want to enable boot animation.

edit build.prop

change this

debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

to this

debug.sf.nobootanimation=0

also if you want you can delete /system/media/bootanimation.zip

then when it boot you will have the default one or add your own here /system/media/

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
I actually went into the build and switched that, tried using rom toolbox to put in my usual animation, its set to the right path but it cant seem to write, superuser is just always enabled in this rom right? I didnt have to enable su when toolbox started like have to in steevs rom. Know where the line of code is that tells the ui that the default orientation when auto rotate is turned off is whatever the current orientation is? That would be nice, I hold onto this while I listen to music and having flip flopping between each is an annoyance.

edit: So I tried to manually copy over the bootanimation.zip I have, just sits there displaying the standard android boot animation. REFLASH. I just noticed also the google play shortcut in the applications screen doesnt work.
edit: now the shortcut does work, all without rebooting, aHHHH, IM confused.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I haven’t yet seen a tablet default to portrait mode, if your did, sounds like a problem off the bat, a tablet is just too big to default to portrait mode, it's default landscape mode, perhaps you should go back to stock and test it again. This rom uses only the su binary as root, if you want superuser app you can get that from market. upload your boot animation so I can test it on mine. google play shortcut? I have two of them, one on main screen one in app folder both work.

I have found an app that allows the tablet to be locked into any or orientations, just tested the app, it can indeed lock the tablet in portrait mode.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.eyesfree.setorientation

Last edited:

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
The stock coby rom is setup so that if im in portrait mode when turn off auto rotate it stays in that view, and if i am in landscape when i turn it off the view stays in landscape. Very nice when you always going to hold it in portait.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The stock coby rom is setup so that if im in portrait mode when turn off auto rotate it stays in that view, and if i am in landscape when i turn it off the view stays in landscape. Very nice when you always going to hold it in portait.

the app I posed will do that for you.