Battery Life

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
Okay so with the market working i'm thinking about tackling a replacement cell for this device.

I've taken the back cover off and it would appear that i could replace the cell without too much of a struggle.

1st speed bump however the earlier prospect of getting batteries plus to make the cell is out. well at least here in Georgia. The gentlemen at our local ones stated that there are a few in the us that can make custom Lithium Polymer cells but that they can't even buy the cell at our location. Does anyone have any suggestions of a reputable company to go with?

The guy at our batteries plus did say that if i could get the cell from somewhere else he'd help me with the installation of it.

Last edited:

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
I have a remote control helicopter that uses LiPo batteies - it's common in the flying RC world now since they are so light weight. I don't know much about batteries, but when you buy them for RC stuff the important specs are mah, #s#p (number of cells in series and parallel), voltage, and "c" rating (how fast the cell can discharge). For instance, my helicopter uses 2S1P 7.4V 900mAh 15C.

This thread has some RC battery info. Maybe these aren't the same type at all...just some food for thought
Complete Guide to Lithium Polymer Batteries and LiPo Failure Reports - RC Groups

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
When I was considering the same pursuit as you I was looking at AliExpress with this search Wholesale lithium polymer battery - Buy Low Price lithium polymer battery Lots on ************** . I could find potential compatibles. but it is not the same as seeing it in a Radio Shack or similar.

naysses

Nov 8, 2010
I don't have the sylvania tablet but first thing to do is getting the specs of the battery that came with the sylvania tablet and the dimensions (HxWxD).

At Bigwooly,
Since you already open your device, can you posted the specs and dimension for us to look around the net to see if is possible to find a relacement?

archat68

Feb 6, 2011
Okay so with the market working i'm thinking about tackling a replacement cell for this device.

I've taken the back cover off and it would appear that i could replace the cell without too much of a struggle.

1st speed bump however the earlier prospect of getting batteries plus to make the cell is out. well at least here in Georgia. The gentlemen at our local ones stated that there are a few in the us that can make custom Lithium Polymer cells but that they can't even buy the cell at our location. Does anyone have any suggestions of a reputable company to go with?

The guy at our batteries plus did say that if i could get the cell from somewhere else he'd help me with the installation of it.

Sorry to bump an old thread - but since you opened it can you give the battery spec (voltage, mAH rating, dimentons)?