Best Brand Type and Class of SD for Huawei S7

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Has anyone tried to install and figure out what's the best brand (ie. Sandisk), type (Class 2, 4, 6) and max capacity (8gb, 16gb, 32gb) for their S7. I was thinking of buying one. Any suggestions (known working) guys?

thanks
Zenki

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^the higher the class the faster the speed of read and write on the card, sdHC cards are supposed to be faster but keep in mind overall purchase cost value;

i believe i read earlier that the 16GB is the biggest/highest memory card the SD can read; perhaps someone can confirm or validate?

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
^the higher the class the faster the speed of read and write on the card, sdHC cards are supposed to be faster but keep in mind overall purchase cost value;

i believe i read earlier that the 16GB is the biggest/highest memory card the SD can read; perhaps someone can confirm or validate?

Yeah i know the higher the class the faster.. But the thing is we might buy a faster sd but the point is will S7 be able to use it.. i mean will it support it... Because if it doesn't support it then might as well use the slower one which basically will cost cheaper i think. thanks ainyul

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^u r right. didnt realize that perhaps S7 would NOT support it; hmm, will get back to u if i see something on the net;

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
thanks ainyul.. i'm doing the research as well.. hope someone here has tried something and gives us feedback..

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I don't have the S7, but in my experience anything equal or better than Class 2 is enough for most.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
Has anyone tried to install and figure out what's the best brand (ie. Sandisk), type (Class 2, 4, 6) and max capacity (8gb, 16gb, 32gb) for their S7. I was thinking of buying one. Any suggestions (known working) guys?

thanks
Zenki

PNY Class 2 16GB working just fine.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
No you need Class (4) don't use Class (2) just to slow. Class (6) and Class (10) = 30mb/s if you just going to show off HD content then otherwise Class (4)

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
No you need Class (4) don't use Class (2) just to slow. Class (6) and Class (10) = 30mb/s if you just going to show off HD content then otherwise Class (4)

Hi Tipster.. did you try using this class 4 or higher class sd in your S7. I am planning to buy but just want to make sure that someone has tried this already

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Class 4 is safe, but most people don't need more than class 2. You only need class 2 for persistent data transfers at high rates, which most people wont do a lot of. It is probably only needed for HD video playback or recording. But otherwise you are better off saving money and getting Class 2. Do you research and figure out your needs. That's the bottom line.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
I have 16Gb microSDHC Kingston class4 works fine.

after reading your psot, i reformatted my SDHC; and installed some music again; and it worked this time;

Since it was taking a long time to load earlier i guess i didnt wait long enough; important thing is that it works though..!!

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
nice to hear that.. i already ordered 16gb class 2.. wahhh.. i should have waited more. i was afraid that huawei only had standard micro sd that supports class 2 only. anyway now we know that class 4 and 6 works fine. thanks guys. i'll probably buy class 6 when im not satisfied with class 2 performance.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
nice to hear that.. i already ordered 16gb class 2.. wahhh.. i should have waited more. i was afraid that huawei only had standard micro sd that supports class 2 only. anyway now we know that class 4 and 6 works fine. thanks guys. i'll probably buy class 6 when im not satisfied with class 2 performance.

anyone find any deals on 16GB microsd cards? there was a Class 10 on newegg for 29$ but as u cna imagine it sold out super fast; btw brand was RIDATA.