Bluepanther Thunder 7" Marvell Tablet with GPS, Android 2.2

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Hello fellow owner. Mine came with g-apps, I just upgraded them to the latest ones and got the market to display all apps.
So I suspect yours didn't come with any applications from google. I can try giving you my gapps and framework and then you can adb push them on the X2.
Dough first thing first get adb working. I suspect you know how to do this or not ?
Also does your run on the PXA 168 or 166 check using a system info app.

Nowis

Dec 27, 2010
After checking the system info the hardware seams to be pretty much the same as yours. Without the market I only found "quick system info" to view system information, but for me it seems to be a pxa168
Using ADB is no problem, so I really would be glad to get your gapps.
I have attached complete systeminformation below. Output is partial in german, but should be readable

Attachments

• $Android System Report.txt
    175.5 KB · Views: 3,296

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Yah it is identical to mine. I guess in the end all use the pxa168. This morning I'll be quite busy wit work but when I get back home I'll make a tutorial and upload the gapps for it.

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
As promised here are the gapps and how you should install them. I'm not 100% sure it will work as they did come preinstaled on mine.

First thing setup an adb conection to your mid.
Then copy paste this comand : mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system fist time u do this it will give you an error saying invalid argument, run it again and shoul work.
Now get out of the shell by pressing ctrl + c .
You will do adb push appname /system/app for all the apps in the archive.
Last step do adb reboot

To get jit enabled just push the build.prop from the archive in /system

Grab the archive from here.
Let me know if this works.

Note : All the gapps will be upgradeable through the market except gsearch, the market itself and gmaps. I will provide later apk's for those.
I'll also make a tutorial how to permaroot the tablet.

Last edited:

Nowis

Dec 27, 2010
You made someone in germany very lucky... Due a lack of time I could not test everything, but GMail and Market are working.
As there are several other touchlet users in germany I have one question: Do you mind, if I post the files and a howto on a german android forum?

I'll test more and give detailed feedback tomorrow!

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Of course not post it in as many places as you want. Now if only I can get that damm new market working. Btw did your mid come with the calendar app?

Last edited:

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
This is confirmed to work.
adb shell rm -f /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

Possible way to update the Search app from market. It seems you have to first remove your current app and then just do install instead of update.
Ill test this after my tablet charges and let you folks know. Unless someone tries it first then let me know :)) .

Found out how to get into recovery mode : power + volume down.
I wonder if I can flash a signed update zip with its original recovery mode or need a custom one ?

Last edited:

Nowis

Dec 27, 2010
I have tested around now and did not find any bug until now. Also some other german users have already tried this and it seems as if everything works like expected. So again: Thank you very much.
Let's see want we can find out about our devices in the future...
You made someone in germany very lucky... Due a lack of time I could not test everything, but GMail and Market are working.
As there are several other touchlet users in germany I have one question: Do you mind, if I post the files and a howto on a german android forum?

I'll test more and give detailed feedback tomorrow!

Nowis

Dec 27, 2010
adb shell rm -f /system/app/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox

Possible way to update the Search app from market. It seems you have to first remove your current app and then just do install instead of update.
Ill test this after my tablet charges and let you folks know. Unless someone tries it first then let me know :)) .
Did not work for me, but I think it was to late yesterday as I tried, because adb stated that it did not find the QuickSearch apk, but I am sure the path is correct. Unfortunally I don*'t have a computer with working adb around me at the moment so I will try again later. Did you do this in the meantime?

Found out how to get into recovery mode : power + volume down.
I wonder if I can flash a signed update zip with its original recovery mode or need a custom one ?
As far as I know nobody has tried this until now. The german manual says for a rom-upgrade it is necessary to have the file in the root of the sdcard when starting it the way you described. The upgrade should start automaticly then.
Some other users in germany have managed to open the recovery mode by holding "volume up", "home" and pressing power.
I haven't tested any of that both ways so I can't tell you if it works and if it leads to the same recovery mode.
The german community can (mostly) be found at Pearl Touchlet Forum auf Android-Hilfe.de
As I assume that reading a german forum will not help you, I will try to do a short aggregation of the most important things for you. Just give me some time for that

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Ok here comes another little tutorial on how to get ad-hoc networks working on the tablet. You fellows might have like me a smartphone with a data plan and would like to enjoy a data connection on your tablet wherever you are.
So for that we have the magic that is wifi tethering, sadly android doesn't normally see ad-hoc networks. But worry not your little head as there is a solution. Follow the stuff below :

1. Get adb access adn then do adb shell
2. mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
3. wpa_supplicant -v should show version 5.11.0 I believe as long as it's not 6 you are good
4. ctrl + c then adb pull /system/bin/wpa_supplicant (make sure you keep your backups safe)
5. download the new wpa_supplicant from here and extract it from the zip file
6. adp push wpa_supplicant ( the new one ) /system/bin
7. adb shell : chmod 755 /system/bin/wpa_supplicant
8. reboot

Now you should be able to connect to any ad-hoc network. They will be marked (*) in the wifi settings.
Have fun.

I also realized I never said how to get all apps in the market.
Go to settings > applications > manage applications
Here choose first the market app and do clear catche and the force stop. Now go to google.service.framework and do this time clear data, ok and then force stop.
Make sure u keep the correct order.
Now got and open your market. It will give you an error, Thats good close it and restart the tablet.
Open the market again and now you have all the free apps.

PS: If anyone has any other tweak ideas or requests let me know. i'm trying to think where to go next from here.

Double PS for the user of other brand names (not Bluepanther) like the German X2, what usb 3g dongles do they say the tablet supports ?

Last edited:

lgstoian

Dec 14, 2010
Some build.prop tweaks for battery improvements and performance.
Just copy these lines at the bottom of the build.prop :

Reduce wifi scans interval :
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 90

Increase heapsize :
dalvik.vm.heapsize=40m

Better list scrolling :
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60

Note : around 0.3 Mflops improvement.

Do a linpack benchmark before and after the new build.prop and post your results.

Last edited: