Bluetooth Keyboards and the S7

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
I have a Logitech Mediaboard Pro Wireless (bluetooth) I got a few years back for use with my PS3, last night I tried to pair it with the S7.

Good news: The S7 saw it and correctly identified it as a Mediaboard Pro.

Bad News: I couldn't get it to pair. Now this could have been user error, because I tried to use the standard 0000 code when asked for one. After searching on the net about pairing it with the PS3 I came across some information that indicates that when pairing with the PS3 a 6 digit code will appear on the TV screen and that that should be entered.

When I get home tonight I'll try to pair the board with my PS3 again and see what code shows up on the TV and enter that when pairing with the S7.

I'm hopeful this will work since the S7 correctly identifies the device;)

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
I have a Logitech Mediaboard Pro Wireless (bluetooth) I got a few years back for use with my PS3, last night I tried to pair it with the S7.

Good news: The S7 saw it and correctly identified it as a Mediaboard Pro.

Bad News: I couldn't get it to pair. Now this could have been user error, because I tried to use the standard 0000 code when asked for one. After searching on the net about pairing it with the PS3 I came across some information that indicates that when pairing with the PS3 a 6 digit code will appear on the TV screen and that that should be entered.

When I get home tonight I'll try to pair the board with my PS3 again and see what code shows up on the TV and enter that when pairing with the S7.

I'm hopeful this will work since the S7 correctly identifies the device;)
I have the same board. It showed paired but not connected. The S7 recognized it and I typed in a code on my S7, then typed the same code and enter on the media board.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
LOL, Ok I'll bite. What was the code, and did this work?
When you pair a keyboard, you create the code then you have to type the same code in on the keyboard and press enter. I have done it this way with my Lenovo S10 netbook and it works just fine. I also got the keyboard to work with my Archos 5IT without issue. It was weird seeing a cursor on such a small screen. I tried my Microsoft 5000 bluetooth mouse as well and I get the same thing paired but not connected.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
Thanks for the assist, I getting the same messsage, paired not connected. So how do we get it to connect?

jet

Dec 7, 2010
Blueinput software for android from Teksoft seems to work with a number of bluetooth keyboards (e.g microsoft, apple) and also with mouse although no pointer! I had this on my winmob phone (although after 6 keyboard worked natively) and android version works (even though a bit clunky to set up). Am using telstra t touch tab (S7 by another name)

cchampion27

Dec 28, 2010
Has anyone been able to get a bluetooth keyboard to successfully pair and connect? If so, what model keyboard are you using?

Aja

Jan 25, 2011
So is there any definite answer on a pkftable keyboard that will work with the s7 and how? I have the think outside stowable and tried every bt app. So far, no dice. A keyboard that will?

xtra30

Jan 9, 2011
ok i have a question i have the ps3 key bored that hooks on to the remote controle it self dose any one knows if that key bored have bluetooth on it and can i pair it with my s7

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Successfully using BlueInput with a Menotek flex BT portable KB (also connected to an old stowaway portable, but couldn't get the number keys to work). No root required, but BlueInput is a paid app.

Sent from my SPH-P100

ionut.rdi

Feb 26, 2011
Dear all,

I have just ordered this keyboard - tomorrow I will have it and test it, it looks.. fantastic! I can help you ordering and delivering it directly from them - through direct payment (secured!) from here, from Romania :)
Have a look at the video - it looks very ok Mini Tastatura Bluetooth TT

Unfortunatelly I do not have time to read and write here so often as I would like to, but I am just VERY HAPPY that I choosed Huawei as a Tablet PC after testing other models, cheaper and expensier! Looking forward for the update as you are!
Keep in touch,
Johnny

ionut.rdi

Feb 26, 2011
So I have to tell you that this is the best mini keyboard!! I am writing this now with it, it is perfect, fast and furious!!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
So I have to tell you that this is the best mini keyboard!! I am writing this now with it, it is perfect, fast and furious!!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Did you have to install a third party BT interface app such as BlueInput to get it to be recognized by the S7?