Bought an app from the Market and got RIPPED OFF!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I bought a game from the market and when I went to play it "You are not licensed to play this game. Please support the developer and purchase this app from the Market" popped up! I did buy it from the market! What a SCAM! I am livid. How do I report this?

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Hi Sue7m3 , Did you buy it using the tablet? I have yet to buy anything with it but maybe this could be the issue.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
yes... good point about purchasing. Free apps do not require any exchange of information and possibly when purchasing the rooted Market is not a valid resource.
Anyone else purchase something successfully?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I've bought stuff with the market on my kyros. I would send an email to the app developer, esp. if you have the app receipt email. If you do, forward the receipt to them and ask if they can send you a valid apk.

GotNet

Jan 1, 2011
yes... good point about purchasing. Free apps do not require any exchange of information and possibly when purchasing the rooted Market is not a valid resource.
Anyone else purchase something successfully?
While not purchased via the Coby, all of my paid apps from the DroidX were available from the Market. Nice surprise!

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
While not purchased via the Coby, all of my paid apps from the DroidX were available from the Market. Nice surprise!
Yep, use "Documents To Go" that I purchased on my G1. It was in the "My Downloads" section of the market and installed no problem. I also have not tried buying directly from the Coby.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Thanks everyone! I did have my receipt so I contacted the developer. They sent me a new apk file which works. No explanation/apology though. Not sure what the problem was, but I checked out the app's feedback in the Market and someone else gave them a 1 star review for the same problem. Weird!