[ROM] KKMod Gingerbread ROM for 8" IMX515 (v2.3.3.r02)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
i just installed gingerbread on my device(8inch imx515)... but seem like the g sensor is not work correctly... can you help me fix this?

The info that you need is located in the first post.

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
yeah i had read it.. but i cant edit the build.prop file... i had follow instruction from the other foru to edit/replace the build.prop file such as using root explorer to replace the build.prop file with edited build.prop file but it say that the file cant be replace because the file system is read only....

1)can you tell me the other way step by step to edit the build.prop file?
2)why i cant open .avi format movie which is can be played in android 2.2 before?

For your information i had already root my device

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
yeah i had read it.. but i cant edit the build.prop file... i had follow instruction from the other foru to edit/replace the build.prop file such as using root explorer to replace the build.prop file with edited build.prop file but it say that the file cant be replace because the file system is read only....

1)can you tell me the other way step by step to edit the build.prop file?
2)why i cant open .avi format movie which is can be played in android 2.2 before?

For your information i had already root my device

Maybe if you have shared what you have issue with and I could have response appropriately in my earlier post. :)

/system is booted up as read-only and it need to be remounted as RW.
- Get a terminal program from the Android market(such as this)
- type "su" to get root access
- type "mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system" to mount as RW
- Now you can edit build.prop

avi is not a video format and is only a container. what type of video file is it? It could be due to the omx player that was disable in r03.

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
then how to edit build.prop file? i dont see any word about ro.sf.gsensor.xy ... or should i just add it?

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
oh no!!!! i had made a big mistake by deleting the build.prop file in the system folder. what should i do now?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
then how to edit build.prop file? i dont see any word about ro.sf.gsensor.xy ... or should i just add it?

yes, you need to add it if you are the two speakers model.

oh no!!!! i had made a big mistake by deleting the build.prop file in the system folder. what should i do now?

I believe you should be able to push the file back to the tablet using adb.

adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system
adb push build.prop /system/

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
Latest: i had flash back my android and edit build.prop file and all went sucessfully... now the problem that i face is cant playvideo...

Ex: kung fu panda.avi
when i open the video it open just for one second(music only and without video) and then it terminate automatic... i try install other player and it went the same problem too...

or actually it cant support 720p video file?

Last edited:

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
please killerkink i really need ur help... i dont know what to do anymore to watch 720p file.... or can you give android froyo2.2 rom for me to downgrade back?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
please killerkink i really need ur help... i dont know what to do anymore to watch 720p file.... or can you give android froyo2.2 rom for me to downgrade back?

try this and then play the video:

adb shell setprop media.omxgm.enable-player 1
adb shell setprop media.omxgm.enable-scan 1

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
how to do it? sorry i'm new in android...

This is the step that i have done(but the video still not working..only some file like flv container which in lower resolution can be opened):
1-boot [h=3]KKMod IMX515 ROM ToolKit - V1[/h]2-then connect tablet
3-type adb devices(to make sure device is connected)
4.type adb remount
5-type adb shell setprop media.omxgm.enable-player 1
6-type adb shell setprop media.omxgm.enable-scan 1
7-type adb reboot(to reboot tablet)
8-try to play movie but is still same with before:(

So what i just done is right or not... if what i have done is right, then are there another way to fix this problem?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
how to do it? sorry i'm new in android...

This is the step that i have done(but the video still not working..only some file like flv container which in lower resolution can be opened):
1-boot KKMod IMX515 ROM ToolKit - V1

2-then connect tablet
3-type adb devices(to make sure device is connected)
4.type adb remount
5-type adb shell setprop media.omxgm.enable-player 1
6-type adb shell setprop media.omxgm.enable-scan 1
7-type adb reboot(to reboot tablet)
8-try to play movie but is still same with before:(

So what i just done is right or not... if what i have done is right, then are there another way to fix this problem?

Actually, you should not reboot after you add the change as that will remove the settings. Try it again without rebooting. I wanted to see if the settings help before giving you the patch if it did.

pm me a link to copy of the avi for me to test.

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
yeah... i tried again and it's worked!!!!but the change return to normal(video not working) after i shutdown my tablet and open it back... how to save this change forever?:rolleyes:

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
yeah... i tried again and it's worked!!!!but the change return to normal(video not working) after i shutdown my tablet and open it back... how to save this change forever?:rolleyes:

ok, thats good. I will send you a patch and the instruction when I get the chance to make it.

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
I receieved your message...but can u give me instruction how to do it with kkmod rom toolkit...what should i type? Am i need to type adb shell setprop media.omxgm.enable-player 1 back?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011

if you flash the init image that I gave you, the change will be permanent.