[ROM] KKMod Gingerbread ROM for 8" IMX515 (v2.3.3.r02)

y110

Nov 7, 2011
can you try flashing with another usb port or pc/notebook?

i already tried.... and i get the same error...

Here is what i did which i think caused the problem....
1)flash kkmod rom----------------succeed all process
2)i not reboot the tablet but i select update android image and update uramdisk(this file i take from pendrive which downloaded from http://filetram.com/download/multiupload/6095876260/apad-imx515-v1-02-laotao-20110106-rar
3)then i reboot my tablet
4)the tablet is rebooted
5)after the penguin icon it write 'Android'...( but not write 'boting kkmod rom' as usual)
6)then it reboot itself and the step from step 5 happened again and again....

I really hope you can help me solve this problem because of my mistake because i know you are expert in android

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
i already tried.... and i get the same error...

Here is what i did which i think caused the problem....
1)flash kkmod rom----------------succeed all process
2)i not reboot the tablet but i select update android image and update uramdisk(this file i take from pendrive which downloaded from http://filetram.com/download/multiupload/6095876260/apad-imx515-v1-02-laotao-20110106-rar
3)then i reboot my tablet
4)the tablet is rebooted
5)after the penguin icon it write 'Android'...( but not write 'boting kkmod rom' as usual)
6)then it reboot itself and the step from step 5 happened again and again....

I really hope you can help me solve this problem because of my mistake because i know you are expert in android

I am confused. Did you manage to have a successfully flashing of the kkmod rom before you flash the uramdisk from another source?

How did you flash the kkmod rom without rebooting into flash mode the first time round?

Which version of the kkmod romkit are you using?

y110

Nov 7, 2011
yes. i sucessfully flash the kkmod rom before i flash the uramdik and android system image(system.img) from another source... this mean after i flash the tablet with kkmod rom, i directly flash uramdisk and system image from another source.... after that i try o eboot the tablet and the problem that i mention to you occur....

then, i try to flash the tablet again with kkmod rom then it say like this:
1)Sending system _____bytes ...OK
2)error flashing kkmod system image

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
yes. i sucessfully flash the kkmod rom before i flash the uramdik and android system image(system.img) from another source... this mean after i flash the tablet with kkmod rom, i directly flash uramdisk and system image from another source.... after that i try o eboot the tablet and the problem that i mention to you occur....

then, i try to flash the tablet again with kkmod rom then it say like this:
1)Sending system _____bytes ...OK
2)error flashing kkmod system image

Its not required to flash kkmod rom. The romkit can be used to flash any android 2.3 rom. However, the kkmod bootloader is not compatible with 2.2 rom

I proposed that you download the v.2.3.4 and test if it works for you.

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
i dont know how to use adb logcat... but what i think the problem occur after i update kkmod uramdisk that you give me to repair video problem... so i hope you can check back data on the kkmod uramdisk that you give to me

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
i dont know how to use adb logcat... but what i think the problem occur after i update kkmod uramdisk that you give me to repair video problem... so i hope you can check back data on the kkmod uramdisk that you give to me

In order to help me help you(and also to help me), you can at least try figure out how to get the logcat log. (google is your best friend). So far not many users are helping so its kinda of tough to improve the rom.

In any case, I manage to just get market working on v.2.3.4 so I will not be working on this version. You will have to wait till I release a functional v2.3.4.

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
is v.2.3.4 video playing ok? i alreday try the problem twice... the 'process.com.vending stop unexpectedly' only occur after i update uramdisk that you give me to repair video problem..... i will try to learn about the logcat and inform the problem to you....

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
The last rom I was running I could connect to adhoc networks now I cant I cant remember the fix for this I tether my tab to my phone alot with wireless tether which is an adhoc connection.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks so far I like this rom. Works pretty well.

you might want to consider using v2.3.4. Even though its a beta, it should be stable if not more than v2.3.3. I will no longer be fixing any issue with v2.3.3.

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
Can you repost again with the ROM package, I need it to repair one of the client old tablet. thanks
KKMOD is ROM for the 8" imx515 tablet(1 or 2 speakers model) users based on the following original image (A8 iMX515 ?2.3.3_0626??(????A8????????) - ?????? ?? ?? - ????? APAD CLUB - Powered by Discuz!)

Note that there seem to be 1 known model which seem to use a realtek wifi hardware. This rom will not have a working wifi for this model. There are also 1 to 2 users who have trouble flashing the new rom so try it at your own risk.

device20111006214143.png

device20111006214215.png
device20111006214326.png

Hightlights:

Performance seem to be good but I have to confess that I am not a heavy user so might not have fully tested all features.

This MOD is intended as a community project. If you have benefited from this ROM, do consider contributing back in your own ways. Simple things such as sharing what work for you and for which model of tablet will be useful for other users.

Download ROM(v2.2.3.r03)

Steps for upgrading to KKMod ROM

Additional Information:

Possible Improvement Plan:

Known Issues