Coby 7036, 7034, 7048, Hopefully All Telechips

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Guess the one question I have now is:

I now have a cwm backup of my mom's fully working tablet with the Hotatouch digitizer on the same external microSD as the "fake_7036_recovery". Would it be safe to try to use that as a restore on my tablet with the new Hotatouch digitizer, and maybe get the new digitizer up and running? Or will I be messing things up? I don't have a whole lot of experience using the cwm recovery, so honestly I can say I'm somewhat ignorant in that area.LOL Aren't these cwm/nandroid backups meant for such situations, where we want to test/try out new elements on a tablet, such as my mom's nandroid backup?(scratching my head in wonder)
I best wait. Thanks again!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Guess the one question I have now is:

I now have a cwm backup of my mom's fully working tablet with the Hotatouch digitizer on the same external microSD as the "fake_7036_recovery". Would it be safe to try to use that as a restore on my tablet with the new Hotatouch digitizer, and maybe get the new digitizer up and running? Or will I be messing things up? I don't have a whole lot of experience using the cwm recovery, so honestly I can say I'm somewhat ignorant in that area.LOL Aren't these cwm/nandroid backups meant for such situations, where we want to test/try out new elements on a tablet, such as my mom's nandroid backup?(scratching my head in wonder)
I best wait. Thanks again!

Yes it should work, if you use fake recovery to make a backup to a miro sdcard, removing the micro sdcard from your MOM's tablet and inserting it in yours, then using fake recovery restore should restore her backup to your tablet.

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Yes it should work, if you use fake recovery to make a backup to a miro sdcard, removing the micro sdcard from your MOM's tablet and inserting it in yours, then using fake recovery restore should restore her backup to your tablet.
------------------------------------------------------
Thanks!(warm smilz) Hope your day's going fine out there!

I'll get busy here, and use the fake recovery to get her up and running... Thanks!!! I'll let you know how it goes!

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
100% working!!!(warm smilz) Thanks to you, my MID7036 is fully functional again! THANKS!!! At first, when I bought/installed this new digitizer, I thought I might have wasted the money, since I couldn't get it to function. Luckily/fortunately, with your creations/methods, and having the ability to use my mom's working unit with the same exact digitizer,(her Nandroid backup) this tablet is completely usable again. HUGE thanks Vampire!!! HUGE!(warm smilz)

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Glad it worked for you when you have time perhaps you can provide your 7033 info here. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...t/64034-fix-bootlooped-coby-7033-tablets.html

we need cat /proc/mtd output as well

as dmesg > /sdcard/dmseg.txt

Coby has made several versions and to fix these guys tablets we need to find a version that matches theirs.

I also asked FrankS for his 7035 info, from this thread. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...7035-4-changing-mac-address-each-restart.html

hopefully he will provide a dump, or at least the cat /proc/mtd and dmesg > /sdcard/dmseg.txt info.

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Glad it worked for you when you have time perhaps you can provide your 7033 info here. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...t/64034-fix-bootlooped-coby-7033-tablets.html

Coby has made several versions and to fix these guys tablets we need to find a version that matches theirs.

I also asked FrankS for his 7035 info, from this thread. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...7035-4-changing-mac-address-each-restart.html

hopefully he will provide a dump, or at least the cat /proc/mtd and dmesg > /sdcard/dmseg.txt info.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll pull out the 7033 and have at it.(warm smilz) I don't have a 7035 at hand right now, but I'll look into trying to get one, or somehow put one together. If I am able to pull a dump from any tablets that happen to have a broken/non-functional digitizer, that wouldn't somehow mess up the dump, would it?? ?(smilz) I'll get busy, read these other threads you pointed out, and see if I can help out... (warm smilz) Thanks again!

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013

-------------------------------------
Okay, I think I got what you needed posted over on that thread now. Let me know if there's anything else you need. The dump I/we(you assisted me with originally) is on my GoogleDrive as well, in a zipped file. Thanks again for helping me with the 7036 digitizer dilemma.(warm smilz) Also, I still have yet to apply your 7033 cwm and change out my system to your new one.(that silly ass Coby idea where the USB debugging is lost on each shutdown/reboot) (chuckles) I know THAT was a REAL S.O.B. for you to overcome!(as well as creating a way to flash the ROM on those vimicro chips)

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Anyone else using this method to restore/fix a tablet, when restoring the cw backup, it may take about 3 to 5 minutes for completion. The progress bar will show no progress, but give it time. Be patient. Eventually, you should be greeted with a "Restore complete!" message. Then just scroll down to +++++Go Back+++++, then "reboot system now". After a first initial bootup, you should be good-to-go. Thanks again Vampirefo!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
can i request a fake recovery of 7038, sir vampirefo.? its a rockchip. not a telechip. sir Traveller1701 directed me to this thread and said that you're handiwork is fake recovery. much appreciated sir :thanks: :)

I don't make recoveries for devices I don't own. I don't own a 7038 so I won't be supporting it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

OoSRHo0

Dec 19, 2012
This is what I call a fake recovery. works just like a regular CWM recovery except needs to be flashed each time one wants to use it.

This way I don't have to make a recovery for each model, one recovery should cover all Coby telechips tablets..

Place on micro sdcard boot into recovery and flash fake_7036_recovery.zip.

fake_7036_recovery

Ok i had the same issue as another guy. I tried editing my .ftstab file for swapping my internal and external memory. I tried using the fake revoery mod to boot the stock .zip file. Still no luck, im stuck at the Coby loading screen.

Vampire your info has been great and i respect all your work. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok i had the same issue as another guy. I tried editing my .ftstab file for swapping my internal and external memory. I tried using the fake revoery mod to boot the stock .zip file. Still no luck, im stuck at the Coby loading screen.

Vampire your info has been great and i respect all your work. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

What is your problem? you don't tell me enough to go on.

Tell me exactly what your problem is, what caused it, and what you have done to try and repair it.