Coby Kyros 9742-8 Help

ascer0

Sep 6, 2015
Hi guys
sorry for my bad english
ok lets go

i try to flahs this tablet model but.. i very stupid person.. and dont make a copy of my rom.. ok
in the first install i try install mobiz 9742 v2 rom but .. the system dont work, boot perfect but dont display any image after the android logo, after this bad result ... im very desesperate to try this work again and try and try many many roms .....

and surprise..... i found a10 repository ...... in this the system image are in .img and try flash roms but only one works with display. (touch doesnt work) and this rom come with .info extracted and have 2 modules .ko

i try replace this modules in mobiz rom.. to make work the display (touch its other problem! and other hardware)
ok im replace .. modules in mobiz but after i try to flash im recive error message in cwm ..

i try meny options but dont work please help me to try solve my problem !

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Suggest you read the stickies first in the Development section. I would first attempt to restore stock firmware with the tools there. There are at least three versions of the 9742.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE LIVESUIT. Again, read the stickies!

If you still want the Mobiz_v2 ROM (I recommend it) @Vampirefo has an entire thread dedicated to it, just for the 9742. Read the entire thread, it has several patches for the different hardware Coby stuck in the 9742.

ascer0

Sep 6, 2015
i try two options ...

Restore with manual How to Restore 7042, 8042, 9742 Dump | Android Tablet Forum

with the backup of shini (in the post the model of this backup its 9742-8) version 2
restore this backup but ... display dont work .. same problem..

now....
mobiz 9742 v2 its my actual option .. i try to make my custom rom with drivers i find it ,but not luck, i signed the package but not lucky with display ..

continue try with other options and seach more @vampirefo options

tnks!..

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
It's even possible that you simply have a bad display. But read through the entire Mobiz_v2 thread, @Vampirefo added several patches to make the different hardware versions work, I'd try them.

ascer0

Sep 6, 2015
Tnks for suggest but ... check every post about 9742 an try many options to flash and nothing works.. i cant find patches about @vampirefo. and check 9742 post about mobiz v2 but no lucky... and...........

After very very very time testing everything ... i found a image in live suite russian ... this hava a multi language and its compatible with my device ... in the back says!! 9742-8 .... this image have playstore and works pefectly ... everithing works display touch wifi rotation playstore apps .. continue the test but every works perfect i spect dont have problems ....

The image is in live suite but.. its forbidden in the forum .. and i cant test root method or backup (@vampirefo. warning about problem root and livesuite images) ok ... then my problem solven and .. works with playstore (principal objetive of this hard and large test travel) ... thanks about all

Tnks Regards

PROBLEM: SOLVED.

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Glad you got it working! Please be advised that using any method other than Livesuit is now dangerous, you are stuck with it.