Coby Kyros MID7015 Graphics Fix (Angry Birds, Others)

mcdantas

Apr 13, 2011

pternet

Apr 18, 2011
Hi!

I have a tablet called Concorde Tab 7.1 only sold in Hungary as far as I know. According to the specifications it's pretty similar to the Coby Kyros 7015:

CPU: Telechips TC8902, ARM11, 720MHz
256 Mb of ROM
4 GB flash memory
Same connectors in the same place (HDMI, USB, SD slot..)

Some pictures:

$86876.jpg$86877.jpg

I have a problem with games like Angry Birds, just like the Coby it's a bit messed up :

I found no information about the graphics chip but since it suffers from the same problems as the Coby, I was thinking about installing this fix, and see what happens.

My question is that if I install this graphics fix, and something goes wrong, and bricks the tablet, is there a chance that the tablet can be fixed?

Sry for the stupid question, I'm a noob in Android.

Last edited by a moderator:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Most the of issues is due to the fact that everything is set off position. If features are enabled then all this graphic issues won't be such an issue. I don't want to confuse anyone here but I've been testing this out Build 12L shows you what I mean I've changed the VMHeap from 24 to 38 and there are no white boxes and the LCD-D is set to 200 again no issues. If you go to the China site for LonPad they make the KYROS 7015/7015A for COBY. Specs clearly shows what you have. 720MHz Telechip. 3D OpenGL Engine. This engine needs to be throttled otherwise all sorts of issues. Patch is good, but I've gone beyond it.

LonPad, COBY, got this one above from the member and there is another one also all 4 look the same. There are differences in the features though. You should backup your ROM prior to any changes you do. COBY and FCC here certain features that other countries might allow where here we don't allow so your specs might be the same but you might have features we don't have. Like the China version of the LonPad has full 3G and a different task menu setup. I've looked into the COBY ROM base and sure enough it has the same features but are not coded into the tablet.

Zawaser

Apr 19, 2011
Hey I first tried the watery kyros (mistakingly) and that made my touchscreen completely non-responsive and so I tried the universal hoping it would correct it. The touchscreen now will only touch the volume up button and that's it. Any help please? Sorry I'm new to the world of hacking...

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Awesome. I knew this was possible somehow but I remember being turned away some time ago :p I was sure it would be some type of font fix or something similar though. Good job!

Sent from my MID7015A

Zawaser

Apr 19, 2011
Ok disregard my last post I got it fixed. Thanks for this now I can play my angry birds!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Android Tablet Forum

Efferri

Jan 24, 2011
I loaded the "gingerbread' ROM. Does this fix work for Kyros running that ROM? If so, which one do I use? Thanks!

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I'd be curious to know this too. Gingerbread? Are you saying you've loaded 2.3 on the Colby?

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V10 B14L for Kyros 7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

lambchop68

May 28, 2011
Thank you for this awesome fix. Angry birds is much more enjoyable now. Works great on my rooted 7015a with no issues noticed so far.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
When I tried these mali.ko files in other places they did not work.
If the file sizes are not exact matches the intended fix of changing just two characters changes much more. Results: unknown.
Where did you get the gingerbread ROM? What model Coby do you have?
From this thread, Post #40 you can see how to modify it yourself using Linux:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...sues-angry-birds-works-perfectly-tcc8902.html

I'd be curious to know this too. Gingerbread? Are you saying you've loaded 2.3 on the Colby?

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V10 B14L for Kyros 7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

Yes here

My COby MID7015a with android 2.3

Would FIX this work with GB 2.3?

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
You do not need the graphics fix for Gingerbread 2.3. It works without the fix. I installed Angry Birds Rio and it played perfectly the first time.
Ok friend I know that Angry bird, I'm saying this because of Gameloft games, some are not run with the white screen. Already tested any? Thanks