Coby Kyros MID7048-4 Bricked

May 11, 2011
Hi.
Recently I bricked :( my Kyros MID7048 deleting some important files of "System" folder.

Actually I can start the tablet only in "System Recovery Mode".

I downloaded the Vampirefo 7048_system_restore:

7048_system_restore.zip

this is stock 7048, install via cw recovery, do a factory reset before installing.

I try to restore by the menu "apply update from /sdcard", but I received the message:
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

How can I do to to install this restore?

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 11, 2011
You need to install cw recovery first.

Actually I can start the tablet only in "System Recovery Mode", the operative System is missing.

The question is: How can I restore the tablet without received the message:
E:signature verification failed?

Thank you!

Last edited:

acidburn23

Dec 3, 2012
put the CW recovery to your Ext_sd and the Stock ROM first apply update then locate from your ext_sd the CW Recovery then after the flash boot again in Recovery then Wipe Partition,Wipe Cache and Apply Update again Locate the Stock Rom and Wait then restart just do this! :)

May 11, 2011
put the CW recovery to your Ext_sd and the Stock ROM first apply update then locate from your ext_sd the CW Recovery then after the flash boot again in Recovery then Wipe Partition,Wipe Cache and Apply Update again Locate the Stock Rom and Wait then restart just do this! :)

Hi, acidburn23, thanks for your interest in helping me.
Can yo please tell me a link where I can download CW Recovery?

By CW recovery I understand Clockworldmod Recovery, is that correct?

Thanks again.

May 11, 2011
Vampirefo, Acidburn23, you are the best, thanks a lot for your help, my tablet now is up and working.

Vampire, I bought you a coffee for your help, thanks again man, keep the good work.

Last edited:

acidburn23

Dec 3, 2012
Vampirefo, Acidburn23, you are the best, thanks a lot for your help, my tablet now is up and working.

Vampire, I bought you a coffee for your help, thanks again man, keep the good work.

Do you have a Clock Work Mod? Sorry for being late replied i'm busy for my studies lols this is the CWM for mid 7048 7048_recovery_root_gapps.zip and Good for you if your tablet is working, next let's fix together our problem in our Internal SD card :)

Lyong_Min

Mar 24, 2013
Do you have a Clock Work Mod? Sorry for being late replied i'm busy for my studies lols this is the CWM for mid 7048 7048_recovery_root_gapps.zip and Good for you if your tablet is working, next let's fix together our problem in our Internal SD card :)

@acidburn23

I can no longer download the cwm for 7048 via mediafire. The file no longer exsist can you upload it again.
Thanks!

samirnge

Mar 31, 2013

Please can you tell me witch file download?

i have this message:

E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Seik-slo

Oct 22, 2014
hello understand that this post is old, but today I present the same problem, and I'm more or less a novice user in editing files but if you could follow steps and understand once you explain it to me. what happened to me was that my coby kyrosMID7048 did not recognize the sd card I was saying was not inserted despite being recognized in recovery mode and the pc, because I install a program called "ROOT BROWSER" and by being user ROOT accedi to the "system / etc" folder and the "VOLD.FSTAB" file edit it to recognize the memory, the editing did not restart the tablet and he left me a message that was not on the SD but could use applications needed the SD but I did not come out anything more on the sd sd more than when I was on the pc. I also did not expose storage configurations and decided to return to the original file and vold.fstab but so did the tablet just followed. I FACTORY RESET and tablet followed the same way even though the file repaired at one point decided to delete it also delete the program and returned ROOT BROWSER do FACTORY RESET, the tablet would not start on the image remained just started ANDROID moo usb connected, downloading achieved ROOT BROWSER again and edit the file and save it, but even so the tablet does not start more than me ... usb connected mode is not as formatting from scratch and put a new

kevinthefixer

Developer
Feb 10, 2014
You could not have done this much damage without root access, and if I understand your post correctly, you have a custom recovery installed too. Locate either a system dump or a Nandroid for your tablet and re-flash it. Preferably one created by your tablet as Coby switched hardware often.

Don't fool with system files unless you know what you're doing. This is why.