Coby Kyros rooted but can't get Google App Market please help I'm lost

JustparaDOX

Mar 8, 2011
So I followed this video
and this tutorial http://tipstir.the-talk.net/t1077-alternate-newbie-friendly-guide-for-rooting-and-google-market-install-on-windows-no-special-drivers-or-adb-commands-needed

I downloaded all the files and when I get to the recovery image phase in the terminal emulator that it says file not found. I put the recovery.img in the root folder in the sdcard and I can't seem to finger it out. I got Supper User access and now want to install the Google Apps Market. Please help.

I was able to root the device with Z4root.

Please Help i want to get the Google App's Market on my tablet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
If you have a 7015, you need to go back and re-read the directions carefully. The tutorial you're using is super easy. If you have a 7015A, use the search feature to find the alternate directions as things work a little differently with it.

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
I had the same problem. I can't remember where I found a solution but I remember I had to do something different than was in this tutorial. I'll look back and see if I can find where I found the step I did to get it to work.

Did you get the correct Emulator? I'm looking back through my history and trying to remember what I did to get this resolved because I had the same exact issue. I just can't remember where I found the solution.

Last edited:

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
I think this is where I did something different and finally got it to work.

After typing su... type this: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img and hit enter...then type this: reboot recovery.

Try this...I'm thinking it's what finally got it working for me. I remember pulling my hair out for a couple hours trying to figure out why the instructions weren't working and then I found this solution and it worked out....let me know if it helps. If not then I'll keep looking.