Super Easy Way to Root and Get Android Market on Your Kyros!

clintono

Feb 19, 2011
Got the rooting to work by factory resetting and just followed the steps here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ace-using-update-7015a-step-step-process.html Thanks for this write up.

"I have the purchased the updated version 7015A. A was getting what everone else was when trying to use the terminal emulator and find no image on my sd card. So I followed the instruction found in "Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process:"

# cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
# chown root.shell /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image

This code is moving the flash_image from your sdcard to the system/bin on the Kyros.

16. Now type in the following code.

# flash_image recovery/sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery

When it reboot I got the triangle with (!) in it and the android robot on the screen. I can not go anywhere from there. Any ideas on what i might have did wrong?

I had the flash_image from original update and the recovery image with the google zip all on the sd card.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!"

Last edited:

yoop

Dec 13, 2010
When it reboot I got the triangle with (!) in it and the android robot on the screen. I can not go anywhere from there. Any ideas on what i might have did wrong?

I had the flash_image from original update and the recovery image with the google zip all on the sd card.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

There was a typo in the directions you followed. You need a space between the word recovery and the /sdcard/recovery.img when you do the flash_image command. It should look like this:
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

To get out of your current state with the android/triangle on the screen, you just need to hit the return button (the big silver button) and then hit "reboot system now". You will then need to re-do the flash_image command as shown above.

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
There was a typo in the directions you followed. You need a space between the word recovery and the /sdcard/recovery.img when you do the flash_image command. It should look like this:
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
To get out of your current state with the android/triangle on the screen, you just need to hit the return button (the big silver button) and then hit "reboot system now". You will then need to re-do the flash_image command as shown above.[/QUOT

is anyone having javascript problems. when i go to msn.com it says the see the msn mobile website,please turn on javascript for you browser. it have been rooted.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
'is anyone having javascript problems. when i go to msn.com it says the see the msn mobile website,please turn on javascript for you browser. it have been rooted.'

No problem here with Infinity browser. Kind of weird place to ask this question. Maybe separate topic? Should have nothing to do with rooting and market.

Last edited:

twoton

Feb 22, 2011
I used these instructions and it was super easy to do!

ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED

Before attempting the official update, check the build number in Settings-> About Device. If the date in the build number is later than 20101124, it was shipped updated. -l_n

Got all the way to flashing the recovery.img, but when I go into root and type the flash command, my coby responds "file not found". Do we have to put something instead of "sdcard", and if so, how do I find the location of the sdcard?

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Got all the way to flashing the recovery.img, but when I go into root and type the flash command, my coby responds "file not found". Do we have to put something instead of "sdcard", and if so, how do I find the location of the sdcard?

When did you get your tablet? This method if for the older update...Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process go here for the new updated tablet as posted by JRsharp21 a few post up ... Also check your spacing If you do not put the spaces in the right place it will not take.... Search the sticks up on top they have great info ....

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Or you could try the update.zip from the watery kyros thread. It's rooted, clockwork recovery will be installed, and the google suite is preinstalled. :D

scole10

Feb 20, 2011
Aside from the technological achievement of modifying the OS (not insignificent) and the capability to get on Android Market are there any other benefits to rooting my Coby 7015. I'm really concerned about turning my tablet into a brick.

And if this isn't the right place for this post...sorry.

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
That depends on what you do after you root the device. People have been reporting better performance (myself included) with my stripped-down rom, watery kyros. Just have a look around at the various threads here for ideas.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

Will I gain anything...speed, greater functionality, anything other than buying more apps?

You will be happy that you did... If your not to savy with this stuff ( like me ) it will help you to get better at it .... I rooted the tablet as soon as i got it and like the thread title stated SUPER EASY ... And as longh as you do your backup you should be fine... The W.K.1c update.zip is better then stock Rom and works really good... No problems with it for me ....

MISS LEAKS

Feb 24, 2011
IM SORRY, This started out to be really simple but I messed up some where. Could someone help me, I tried to back track and that didnt work... also, can u tell me how to start over, or where do i start over at.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
IM SORRY, This started out to be really simple but I messed up some where. Could someone help me, I tried to back track and that didnt work... also, can u tell me how to start over, or where do i start over at.

Please tell us exactly what you are doing, exactly where it fails and the message you get.