Complete NOOB here... I have "NO* idea who makes a good tablet...

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
So my brain hurts right now trying to figure out all this android stuff. I bought a 7" Cruz T105 yesterday and returned it today cuz its a crippled down tablet. (Slow, not-upgradeble, no Flash, etc).

So now I'm looking for the best tablet I can afford. I intend to wait to see what comes out at CES first to see if there is anything worth waiting for.... I know I'd like a Tegra 2 proc in it. (dual core correct?) But I'd love to have one not bigger than 8". Seems like the smaller tablets get no love LOL. I like them better for portabilities sake.....but I'm not totally against a 9-10"er.

So who makes a good one? Any good rumors about anything great coming out at CES?

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
So my brain hurts right now trying to figure out all this android stuff. I bought a 7" Cruz T105 yesterday and returned it today cuz its a crippled down tablet. (Slow, not-upgradeble, no Flash, etc).

So now I'm looking for the best tablet I can afford. I intend to wait to see what comes out at CES first to see if there is anything worth waiting for.... I know I'd like a Tegra 2 proc in it. (dual core correct?) But I'd love to have one not bigger than 8". Seems like the smaller tablets get no love LOL. I like them better for portabilities sake.....but I'm not totally against a 9-10"er.

So who makes a good one? Any good rumors about anything great coming out at CES?

Hi, maybe a 8"? you may heard about the Cortex A8, and we'll double test for every device before the shipping. and here we have received one of our customer's review on that device just now, hope it will be useful to you.
Original Review Details: I ordered this model on Sunday and got it 3 days later.
China to usa!! I love it. I was hesitant because I purchased several others
from differentvendors and they didn not work, this one is perfect. The
customer service is excellant too. I love the keyboard!! Too cool! I am so
happy. Don't hesitate to purchase from this vendor. Great experience!!
Thanks!!
PS: here's the link for A8: Android 2.2 OS 512 RAM with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Processor Tablet PC M8003
hope you'll like it!

Last edited:

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
The newly released eLocity A7 looks promising; I'm watching it myself. Tegra 2 and ships with Android 2.2.

V0g0z

Dec 29, 2010
eLocity A7 is a good tablet with a good CPU/RAM combo but the capacitive screen is only monotouch

Source: eLocity Customer Support

Q: I've heard different information about the A7's touch screen. Is it really multi-touch?

A: The eLocity A7 has a capacitive touch screen with single point zoom out and zoom in gesture technology. It is not a multi-touch screen. We are sorry for the touch screen confusion mentioned in the Amazon description and other articles which were written early on in the product development stage. Our capacitive touch screen still outperforms most if not all of the tablets on the market. We use Grade "A" LCD panels from Tier 1 suppliers in our products and our goal with the A7 is to deliver the best performance, video and image quality and other functionality (i.e. NVIDIA Tegra 2, 1080P HDMI Output) that is superior to other tablets at similar price points. We know of no other tablets in our price range that offer true multi-touch, which is fairly expensive for larger LCD screens at this time.

And that kill for me :/ If I want a tegra 2 it's because of I want to develop/play some games on my tablet so multitouch screen is essential for that !

------

Concerning the CPU of the tablet, I resume that I've found on the net:

• Cortex A8: Monocore - Very Good Performance - It's the minimum required for having a good tablet (flash need a A8 at least)
  • Cortex A9 // Tegra 2: Dual Core - Awesome Perfomance - It will be the futur standard of good tablet

KDOG

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm definetly going to see what rolls out at CES of course but I till look into that eLocity...

zerotiger

Nov 11, 2010
@KDOG read through this forum and you will notice a major trend. Under the generic and cheap tablet threads you will see people posting problems they are having and asking for help. Under the top tier tablets, you will see people posting all the cool things they are doing with their tablets. That speaks volumes. Screen size, capacity, and Android version are highly marketed but it really comes down to, "does it work reliably?"