Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanoske

Oct 20, 2017
Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to my desktop monitor.

I bought a multiport adapter that hosts:
1 USB
1 Micro USB 2.0
1 VGA
1 HDMI
Audio In
Audio Out

- Here's the actual adapter:
Jave Screen Mirroring S8-pro HDMI/ VGA for Iphone IOS 8 /Android 5.0 Or Above Devices, S8-pro EZcast USB to HD Converter,HDMI Adapter Receiver 1080p Streaming Media Player:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

I downloaded the EZCast app as well, but no luck with that either.

On desktop, following ports available:
USB
VGA
Display Port

On Monitor, following ports available:
VGA
HMDI

I just want to display my tablet screen on my monitor, but I've tried every combination with no success. Maybe I need to install a driver? Please let me know what you think my resolve this issue!

Thank you
smile.gif

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Your Galaxy Tab 2 out of the box doesn't support screencasting. It came with Android 4.0.3 installed. Its last official update would have been Android 4.2 and your adapter requires Android 5.0.

You don't install drivers on Android as they are part of the kernel. You may be able to screencast by installing a custom ROM like LineageOS 14.1, but purchasing a newer tablet is likely to be the better option.

Zanoske

Oct 20, 2017
Your Galaxy Tab 2 out of the box doesn't support screencasting. It came with Android 4.0.3 installed. Its last official update would have been Android 4.2 and your adapter requires Android 5.0.

You don't install drivers on Android as they are part of the kernel. You may be able to screencast by installing a custom ROM like LineageOS 14.1, but purchasing a newer tablet is likely to be the better option.

Thanks for your reply, Traveller. I wasn't aware of that. I believe there are still other potential solutions as you stated, but for simplicity sake I've just returned that hardware and bought a direct Samsung wired solution.

Thanks for your help! This topic is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.