[Discussion]Building the S7 kernel

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Heh, I know about menuconfig, but yeah the tablet doesn't even boot right now, it just sits there with a blank screen and shuts down.

I must be missing something.

I've always used oldconfig so I can keep the same settings per kernel version to kernel version =P

I just wonder what I'm doing wrong here =)

~Ivy

ebarcus

Jan 13, 2011
Ivy is the kernel avalible somewhere? Have been hanging out in #androidtablets talking a little about it. Id love to work with it :)

Just found razors post thanks :)

Last edited:

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I have the source uploaded on github. I plan to commit ivy's driver changes tonight and start working some more.

Hey ivy, mind if I add your cypress changes to my git? ;) Thanks!

I'll lurk the irc after I get some sleep.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Ok so I final got something....not much...but something. Instead of trying to fastboot the zImage I made a boot.img with the newly compiled zImage and the device actually loaded the boot.img and reboot by itself. The problem is that I am now stuck in a boot loop. Progress is not perfect I guess. Thanks razor!!

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
SikYou feel free to use the changes, razor has already placed these changes in their github =)

~Ivy

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
SikYou feel free to use the changes, razor has already placed these changes in their github =)

~Ivy

Thanks!

I'll be putting some time in this damn kernel in a few hours, I'll be idle in the irc if anyone wants to talk about why the damn thing won't boot.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

ebarcus

Jan 13, 2011
Ok so I final got something....not much...but something. Instead of trying to fastboot the zImage I made a boot.img with the newly compiled zImage and the device actually loaded the boot.img and reboot by itself. The problem is that I am now stuck in a boot loop. Progress is not perfect I guess. Thanks razor!!

oh! the boot.img route was where i was starting tonight, if we are still in "boot loop" over it i know not to continue yet, as the s7 is my only device... are you available on IRC tonight?

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Razor gave me a boot.img that boots (with a few issues) so i'm feeling hopeful. I pulled razor's vendor tree but my newb self has no clue what to do with it. I suspect it needs to go in the devices folder of my source directory but that is where i'm lost. I'll keep pluggin away at this.

Sent from my Ideos S7