don't Understand how to get it to work ?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
I have an Audible book account and have successfully downloaded and used its app on my Droid since it was released
.. so figure no problem on the NC... downloaded and loaded some books.. but I cannot get it to play...

Do you think it is just not in someway compatable with teh NC ?? or is there a something I missed ... just can't figure it out.

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
yes mp3... they download successfully but can't get the audible player to work when I hit the play button it takes me back to re-sign in to the audible authorization site.. I checked with audible and they say I am a go from their end.. but am wondering if there is something no right about the compatibility with the NC and the audible software .. seems strange since everything else works that I have on my Droid... can't figure it out ???

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
so the mp3 files download to your sdcard correct? if yes do you know where on your sdcard?

thel8elvis

Dec 29, 2010
nope not a clue

You can install alogcat from market, try to listen to the book and check the logs - it may give you a hint where audible is trying to read the file from or where it is crapping out. Although it appears they are using DRM on their audio files, so it may not be possible to just 'find' an mp3 file of the book you are trying to listen to.

Audible's .aa file format encapsulates sound encoded in either MP3 or the ACELP speech codec, but includes unauthorized playback prevention by means of an Audible user name and password, which can be used on up to three computers at a time. Licenses are available for schools and libraries. Audible's software does enable users to burn a limited number of CDs for unrestricted playba

I would just download it on your pc and strip the drm and copy a mp3 over.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
So i did some looking around and the folder the files download to are audible and they dont actually download as a .mp3 file its a .aa file, so i renamed it to .mp3 to see if i could play it in another player but no go. so like thel8elvis said you will probably need to remove the drm then you will be able to listen to it. Or you can continue to try and get the app to work properly