Doorbell With Tablet

ollieorange

Aug 24, 2015
I have seen lots of those products out there that are smart doorbells - you can see and talk to the person at the door. I have a spare android tablet with a front facing camera and was wondering if I could use that as a smart doorbell? Is there an app already out there, or could someone help me make an app to just skype me or something? I don t know, but I just thought it would be an interesting idea, as a tablet has all it needs, a camera, wifi, a mic ect and this doorbell is going to be indoors. Please help!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not sure if this would suite you but I do that with a Nest, (what was DropCam) camera. If I hear the doorbell I can see on my tablet or phone who is there. There are plenty of other "security" cams that will do the same thing.

ollieorange

Aug 24, 2015
I'm not sure if this would suite you but I do that with a Nest, (what was DropCam) camera. If I hear the doorbell I can see on my tablet or phone who is there. There are plenty of other "security" cams that will do the same thing.
I am trying to turn my tablet into the doorbell.

Timothy Love

Oct 26, 2022
I used to buy a spy camera charger, download an app, and see what was going on at home on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwok Yung

Oct 3, 2019
I am trying to turn my tablet into the doorbell.
Do you mean that you want to hang your tablet outside your door? How can you tell you have a visitor? The only thing that I can think of is to set up your tablet camera as a security camera. When it detects motion, it will notify your phone. Then you can see who is the visitor using the security camera software which captures the video from the camera. You can search the play store for apps.