Elonex 700ET

gollum007

Dec 13, 2010
Just acquired an Elonex 700ET, which appears to be another of the Gome clones.
I sucessfully installed this ROM: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-9_88-rooted-v0-3-working-market-flash.html

Everything is working reasonably well too, and the wireless works properly now :)
Issues:
Biggest issue I've got at the moment is a massive slowdown when in portrait mode. This tablet isn't the speediest to start with, and portrait mode isn't pretty at all :(

Secondly is the fact that the side rocker now seem to be acting as menu/ home. Not the end of the world, but before flashing it was doing volume. Can this be configured somewhere?

Finally, I'm only getting audio out the headphones jack, not the speakers. Again, this was working before flashing, but I had no market or anything interesting.

Any experience with these please?
Relatively experienced Linux user, so I'm assuming at least the last is a driver issue, and therefore probably holed up somewhere in the android FS tarball?

iTzzRyann

Jan 15, 2011
when i put the script on my sd card then plug it in my tablet, it doesnt load or anything how am i meant to do this, please some one help

maclampy

Jan 31, 2011
hi gollum

did you get your elenex et 700 flashed
if so please give details

thanks

jon
Just acquired an Elonex 700ET, which appears to be another of the Gome clones.
I sucessfully installed this ROM: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-9_88-rooted-v0-3-working-market-flash.html

Everything is working reasonably well too, and the wireless works properly now :)
Issues:
Biggest issue I've got at the moment is a massive slowdown when in portrait mode. This tablet isn't the speediest to start with, and portrait mode isn't pretty at all :(

Secondly is the fact that the side rocker now seem to be acting as menu/ home. Not the end of the world, but before flashing it was doing volume. Can this be configured somewhere?

Finally, I'm only getting audio out the headphones jack, not the speakers. Again, this was working before flashing, but I had no market or anything interesting.

Any experience with these please?
Relatively experienced Linux user, so I'm assuming at least the last is a driver issue, and therefore probably holed up somewhere in the android FS tarball?

Siskris

Jan 14, 2011
Many thanks. I tried the Epad 128 and it works (so far) on my Elonex ET700.

For those who don't know what to do, I found a spare micro SD (1Gb is fine), downloaded the ROM then I had to install 7zip (from Sourceforge) on my PC to extract the files. Copied the Script folder onto the root of the Micro SD, switched off the tablet, put the SD card in, switched on and, fingers crossed, waited.
Had to calibrate the touchscreen and am still experimenting but it's looking good and I now have root access as well.

kylestanford

Jul 20, 2011
hello. i have had the same probelm since i tryed to get an update from elonex support website.. i have manage to come across a file from media fire and it as seem to do the job, only thing is that once it updated and i took my SD card out and switched it back on again it has been sayin loading for over 2 hours now, does that sound rite r is it another dodgie one..

markuk

Nov 9, 2012
Its been awhile so i dont know if youve fixed this problem but it sounds like youd flashed it with the wrong firmware try http://www1.elonex.com/support/etouch/700et-fw1116a.zip.

Unzip the file and copy to an SD card (dont put any of the files into folder leave as they are and copy them to the SD card)

1. Using your computer download the correct firmware for your device from one of the links above:
2. Extract the file (right click the zipped file and extract it). This will create a folder called 'Script'.
3. Copy the 'Script' folder onto the Micro SD card (but don't put it into a subfolder).
4. Turn the eTouch off. Plug the micro SD card into the eTouch then turn it on to automatically start the upgrade. The upgrade will take about 5 minutes and once complete a message showing "Upgrade Complete" will show.
5. Remove the micro SD Card and delete the Script folder to continue using the micro SD Card. You can then reboot the eTouch.
Please Note: The first time you start the eTouch after performing the upgrade it will take a lot longer than usual to boot.

If the firmware above didnt work try this one http://www1.elonex.com/support/etouch/700et-fw1028.zip and follow the same steps (make sure you have deleted the other files off your SD card first).