Ematic E-GLIDE Android Mobile Internet

kyres

Feb 28, 2011
Paul if you have that many problems with the tablet like the bars and no sound, then it is possible you have a defective product, you should call Ematic and work on a exchange.

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
dear sungirl, I resolved the sound issue on my own, the sound tab was unchecked, i now have sound. I also got the camera function to work. I really love this tablet, very well worth the price, good quality anf functionality. i'm a novice to Android and just need to become familiar with the Android 2.1 OS and apps. Does the eglide support Windows-7 files, Ematic told me it does. Did you have to reinstall the firmware and select the win-7 folder and reinstall?. thanks for all your help. paulwayne.

Sunigirl

Feb 19, 2011
Hi paulwayne,

Glad to hear you have resolved some of your sound and camera issues. I realize I'm in the minority, but I'm one of those weird people who actually read product manuals and follow the manufacturers instructions before installing/assembling anything. (drives my husband nuts!) I found the eGlide product manual easy to follow and they do walk you step-by-step through the setup process which includes everything from internet connection to camera/sound/etc.

In my experience, most generic tablets are shipped with a basic (sometimes outdated) English/Chinese manual. So, receiving a disc with the rktools, drivers and a backup disk image file (aka .update) is a sweet bonus from Ematic. And, since I flashed it to compare for myself, I promise you that there isn't anything new or magical to be had from reinstalling the ".update". I recommend storing the backup disc in a safe place in case the time comes when you want to change or need to reinstall the original firmware. Think of it as the backup disc you don't need to bother making.

Since there is the possibility that you will go ahead and reinstall the firmware to find out for yourself (as I did), you WOULD have to select the win-7 folder during the process to install the correct driver to run the rktools on your windows 7 x64 machine. Just to be clear, the win-7 folder doesn't add anything to your tablet--it just holds the driver that will allow the rktools to work with your windows 7 computer. I promise that you will just replace the same image with an identical image.

Good luck!

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Sungirl, Hi.....I also read the manuals and instructions before using the hardware. The eglide manual ia a bit confusing, no FM radio but has a camera. It's a very good product, just need time to get used to it. I'll take your advice and visit and read the web sites you have mentioned in previous replys. I'm just confused why some of the apps APKapps is in Chinese? I wonder if my unit was a refurbished or repaied unit since it came with a ton of bookmarks and settings not set to default? The support team at Ematic has been very helpful. I'll reload with the win-7 folder to be safe. Please provide any other web sites to help me underatnd the Android 2.1 OS ad App library>. Thanks again for all your help. paulwayne

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Kyres , Hi....I reviewed your list of 3G compatible adapters and cannot find on bing or Amazon. Do you have a specific web site with a brand, model number, make, etc. that i can purchase? There are many 3G dongles on your list, but I cannot find any on the web? Thanks, paul wayne.

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
xaueious, hi...do you have a specific model, brand, and specs that work with the eglide tablet for 3g dongle support? I found the Huawei E1750 that was on you Tube that says it works. do yo have any info on that 3g dongle?

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
dear newnick. I own an eglige and am very satisfied with it, works well and is good qualityy. How do i remove old bookmarks? There are a lot of bookmarks in chinese?
thanks, paul wayne.

xombie

Mar 3, 2011
In bookmark page do a long press on the page you want to delete. This will bring a menu which will allow the option of deleting the page.

SFlummox

Mar 7, 2011
The 3G USB dongle list appears to include models tested by the Rockchip manufacturer, focusing on Asia market. Since it only includes EVDO/CDMA models, and users have reported incompatibility with AT&T (EDGE/GSM) USB devices, your best bet in the US is Verizon or Sprint. Buy somewhere you can try it out or take it back.
I just ordered my eGlide; when it arrives, I'll probably go with a MiFi cellular to wifi hotspot instead.

Last edited:

kyres

Feb 28, 2011
On another subject, now I have a headache with the Kindle App, I purchased 2 books and I was reading them fine, I heard other people that DRM books are not working with these tablets but well, I was able to read them for a while.
Today when I open the books I get Invalid Item Error, I was investigating and I found this:

Kindle Broken on RK2818 Because of JIT on Android 2.1? - SlateDroid.com

Looks like if JIT is enabled (is an accelerator for applications) will give this kind of problems with the Kindle App, the weird part is that it allowed me to read the books before.

Anybody experiencing the same problem?

I don't know if another rooted rom will help with these, I will like to hear the experience from other users, not only eGlide but RK2818 based tablets.

Thanks

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
SFlummox, Hi. I received emails from 2 Asian mnaufacturers who claim and guarentee that their 3G dongles work in the US with ATT and T-Mobile. I'm tryingto contact Eglide support to verify if those dongles will work with the Eglide tablet. I read reviews on those dongles and they appear to work and come unlocked. I like the Eglide MID tablet very much, I need to become familiar with the android market places and stores for apps. The user manual is vague, but works. Any advice on the android market stores or ssites for the apps? Thanks, paulwayne.

chezjim

Mar 7, 2011
Just got my eGlide. I expected to charge it for eight-twelve hours, but it claims to be fully charged after just a few. Still, I'm keeping it plugged in just in case.

A few things:

It takes a few tries to stay on just now - the screen lights up then fades away after a few seconds. If I keep pushing the menu button, it finally sticks around.

I tried putting a USB stick in the jack so I could try a PDF file, but the Explorer tells me it's "unmounted". Is the USB port only for the dongle or can you manage data with it too? If the latter, do I have a problem?

Haven't tried anything else, since it all needs WIFI and I do that away from home.

Sunigirl

Feb 19, 2011
Just got my eGlide. I expected to charge it for eight-twelve hours, but it claims to be fully charged after just a few. Still, I'm keeping it plugged in just in case.

A few things:

It takes a few tries to stay on just now - the screen lights up then fades away after a few seconds. If I keep pushing the menu button, it finally sticks around.

I tried putting a USB stick in the jack so I could try a PDF file, but the Explorer tells me it's "unmounted". Is the USB port only for the dongle or can you manage data with it too? If the latter, do I have a problem?

Haven't tried anything else, since it all needs WIFI and I do that away from home.

The battery indicator appears to be a problem in all our devices. Do not believe you are fully charged until you have left it plugged in overnight. Then when you power up, you can either press menu or slide the unlock bar and it shouldn't fade out.

You should be able to read your USB stick. Just go to USB Mode and select "host mode".

chezjim

Mar 7, 2011
Thanks. I worked out the menu trick. I'm still not sure what the lock function is. I see an icon at lower right, but no indication anywhere what it does.

I did try Host Mode with two different sticks, but still get that the USB has been dismounted. I saw a message about USB debugging and tried turning that off too. But no luck. UPDATE - OK, what are the chances? BOTH sticks were defective (or at least less than solid). I tried a 3rd and it worked. (Good thing too - I'd hate to hassle sending this back just for a bad USB port).

I thought the TF card was optional, but all the text editors seem to expect it to be there. I managed to create directories on internal storage through my desktop, but they're not much use if the editors can't access them.

From what I see, Documents to Go is the best Android word processor, yes?

UPDATE I've downloaded it and paid for the upgrade which supposedly has been authorized. Except when I click on Install, it now tells me my application will be downloaded - for something like an hour now. Should it take so long? Is there anything else I should be doing?

I bought 4gb card because I didn't need the full 16Gb. But it won't stay mounted. So it looks like I have to buy the bigger one, need it or not?

Last edited:

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Can someone offer me help with the Eglide ApkInstaller. When I click install and click internal memeory, it only shows folders on the left side labeled .adobe-digital editions, .adept,a nd eGlidePreload. Can someone explain these folders and what they perform. On the right side is a directory labeled ebuddy-android-live (v1 8 1).apk. What is that function? Also, when I click on the android market (android robot in a bag) the tablet is asking me to link a Goggle account to my phone. What is the purpose of syncing to my phone? Is it like a Blackberry? Do I have to link to my cell phone or land line phone? Thank you for your help. paulwayne