Finding Lost YouTube Market icon?

willber

Jan 9, 2011
After rooting and applying the Market, I decided to clean up a few "not required" Running services.
I must have blown out a Google hook that supplied the YouTube icon that calls sysdev.
The button is still there with label but the ICON is blank.

Any idea how I could get this Icon back without re-installing the Market again?
Not a show stopper, just an annoyance.

Thanks

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I believe you can download the Google Marketplace in a zip and then just replace the Youtube .apk.

Sent from my Kyros using Android Tablet Forum App

willber

Jan 9, 2011
You mean here...gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zip
The YouTube.apk is still on the tablet and it still does call sysdev so I think when I deleted one of those Google apps in Running services, it was that app that contained the icon.
I'll try and put a few of the ones I deleted back and see if the icon re-appears.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I know that when i got rid of "Phone.apk" I had some serious problems with the Youtube app and playing videos period. Even when trying to play videos through "sysdev" it wouldn't work. Did you do anything to the "Phone.apk"?

willber

Jan 9, 2011
not this time. I did not remove that phone.apk or the telephonyprovider.apk as I had done before.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Have you tried reinstalling the Youtube app? Or did you already figure out your problem?

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Alright, I would recommend extracting the Youtube apk from the Marketplace zip and just installing it on your device through the terminal.