G Tablet will not turn on

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion, but its a no go. No change at all. No devices popping up in device manager when the tablet gets plugged in.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i didn't think it would show in device manager...I was hoping for it to pop up on NVFlash...

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
Sorry, I assumed it would pop up in device manager like it did before (nVidea boot loader driver). But I did try to run the batch file for NVFlash again, but still got the same result. No USB device detected.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
ok. let's try the following steps:

1. Go here: update-smb_a1002-3588-user.zip and download the file marked update-smb_a1002-3588-user.zip
2. Take your MicroSD out of the tablet, and connect it to your PC however you do that
3. Make sure you have nothing on it, copy the file to the root of the SDCard and rename it update.zip
4. Create a folder on your mounted drive callled "recovery"
5. In that recovery folder, create a file called "command", and add this line to that file:

--update_package=SDCARD:/update.zip

You need to save this file with the file name COMMAND, make sure that your text editor has not renamed it with a TXT extension
6. Take the MicroSD out of the PC and put it back in the tablet
7. Press and hold volume up and power key

This SHOULD return your tablet to the out of box state for you to start over.

coondogg97

Jun 14, 2011
That didn't work either. The tablet is not responding to ANY hard presses at all. I guess there is no way to "reset" the tablet (pinhole reset)? At this point I really don't think it is a software/firmware issue. I can be entirely wrong, but it doesn't seem like any of the hard button presses are doing anything which leads me to believe it is a hardware glitch.

jrode

Jun 9, 2011
I had the same thing happen to me. I was modding mine had done it several times and then all of a sudden it decided to act like it just turned off.

Tried to turn it back on and nothing, won't respond to any key combinations.

Since I had no warrenty on mine I opened mine unplugged the screen, and the battery and left it like that overnight and still nothing. Even saw what looked like a reset button on the board and that did nothing.

I have a feeling that the tablet is now scrap.

purtiscreek

May 30, 2011
Had this happen to me on my gtab...everything appeared dead...a friend told me to touch the four screen corners @ the same time and the screen came back up,like an advanced sleep mode? Just my experience...one more lure in the tacklebox.....

noguyin

Jul 9, 2011
My tablet is 1.2 Firmware 4349 (from woot.com). So I used Moutain Laurel 1.0 ROM to flash it and it works. (Later find out from my friend that Tap n Tap is still there... but I able to get to Android market etc. I also notice that my Mountain Laurel quadrant benchmark is about 1700 vs. 2400 in my friend Vegan 5.1.1 GTablet). Well I decided to use NVFlash to flash it down to 1.1 3588 so I could install clockworkmod & vegan 5.1.1.

It flashes fine with NVFlash. But now ... my Gtablet could not boot up (power + vol up or down). To get it on, I have to nvflash ... but once I Power it Off... I could not power it back up beside using NVFlash. At first, I don't know ... but thread said it black because it is in APX mode... well that is great, because I can't get out of APX mode and not able to hard press boot (power, power + vol up, or power + vol down).

HELP!!!!

DroidBaybee

Aug 7, 2011
Yesterday, my gtablet kept force closing apps, acted odd, then it powered off and would not come on. I was so bummed!!!!

I did a search and found this forum and thread. I tried various combinations of the volume button and power button and nothing. I bookmarked the NVFlash page, and then literally could not sleep (this was new as of May 2011), so tried one more thing... pushed power button (press and release), then tapped Home button, and WAH LAH! it came on! I was so happy! I could not wait to tell you all to see if it might work for others.(saw the post about the four corners, i guess anything is possible)

To test, I shut it down properly, and it came back on with the power button only, like it's supposed to!!!! btw: it didn't come with a book, only a quick start up guide, is this right? It was brand new from a retail store in May 2011. any info is appreciated, not important but a would-like-to-have.

Thank you!