Galaxy G Tab - imx515 1ghz/512mb/8gb/capacitive/3g/gps/cam/android 2.2

raz23

Oct 20, 2010
hey folks,

does anyone know this tablet? the specs just sound to good to be true for this pricing. has anybody experience with ************** or the supplier showchina industry co.?

Wholesale Galaxy G TAB tablet pc CPU freescale/capactive screen /android 2.2/telephone/buletooth/GPS/built in 3G

Description

latest type top-level epad,it is similar with the GALAXY G TAB.

1.Processor: 1GHz freescale I.MX51
2.DDR Memory: 512MB HDD:8GB
3.Operating system: Google Android 2.2 OS
4.Built-in storage: Nand Flash,8Gbit
5.7inch Capacitive/ 1024 x 600
7.bluetooth
8.telephone call
9.GPS
10.camera

Size and weight
Size:197X126X13.8MM
weight:About 300g
Size:7" 16:9 Widescreen
Touch Screen:Capacitive Flat screen
Resolution:1024 x 600
Size:197X126X13.8MM
weight: About 300g

System
Processor:1GHz freescale I.MX51
DDR Memory: 512MB
Operating system: Google Android 2.2 OS
Built-in storage: Nand Flash,8Gbit
External memory:T-Flash card(8GB/16GB)
Gravity acceleration sensor
Light sensor
Battery: 4200mAh 3.7V 15.5Wh Rechargeable lithium polymer
Charging: 30pin Interface
Bluetooth calls
3.5 headset call
Audio
Power Amplifier: CODOEC+Class DX2
Speaker: dule 2030
Network
WI-FI(802.11 b/g)
3G(Full size)
1.WCDMA
2 EVDO
3 TDSCDMA

Camera
Type:CMOS
Front Camera: 30/1.3 million pixels
GPS
SiRF3 Support AGPS

raz23

Oct 20, 2010
thank you for your advice but that doesn't answer my question actually...

ta2025

Oct 28, 2010
The specs are wonderful, but not for $599. When alternate pads with 3/4 of the specs can be purchased for $160.

raz23

Oct 20, 2010
The specs are wonderful, but not for $599. When alternate pads with 3/4 of the specs can be purchased for $160.

It is not for $599. The price for this device is $360 including free shipping. The capacitive touchscreen is a big plus.

But i still did not get my question answered :eek:) does really nobody have any information on this device / merchant / online shop?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
If this is indeed $360 including free shipping, running Froyo AND an iMX51 @ 1Ghz w/ 512 Meg RAM with a capacitive screen this thing is VERY nice.

The iMX51 is a Cortex A8 based SoC made by Freescale and is a very nice processor. Android 2.2 implies by default, along with the 1 Ghz Flash 10.1 support. All that is needed is a good and proper root, if not already open, and the hack/installation of the Android market and you are golden.

Last edited:

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
The tablet looks really nice and everything. One thing missing: 2point touch. At least is is not in the description. I don't need more than 2 points...Also, is Flash 10.1 supported cause I could not see that in the description either.

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
The tablet looks really nice and everything. One thing missing: 2point touch. At least is is not in the description. I don't need more than 2 points...Also, is Flash 10.1 supported cause I could not see that in the description either.

Because it is a capacitive screen it is by default multi-touch enabled. As for Flash 10.1 again it meets the pre-requisites and it is known to run on the Freescale iMX51 and iMX515 SoC when running Android.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
can you put the video on youtube? It takes for ever to download it from that site.

If in the video it has a demo of flash and 2point touch than I will take it right away:D

carioca10

Nov 1, 2010
Greetings from Brazil!

They have a more complete version with USB, additional camera: more "similar" to the original Galaxy Tab.

Wholesale Galaxy android 2.2 TAB iMX515 with capactive screen/telephone/G/L sensor/bluetooth/GPS/built in 3G

How do we upgrade in the future to Android 3.0 or newer versions when available?

Any bugs or cons?

Last edited:

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
I talked to the seller on AliExpress and it looks rather good:
1. The device has mini-usb ports and it can connect a PC with no problem.
2. No HDMI-out
3. No market preinstalled because of the copyright issues but the seller said it can provide way to install it after purchase
4. Flash 10.1 is supported
5. Multy-touch is supported
6. It can't promise any firmware upgrades at this moment (he was talking about upgrade to 3.0) but hopes it will get out. But like he said...this can't be promised...just hopped

Until now, I must say this is one of the best tablets out there...at least from the specs. I am still trying to get the video. I am a lot at school so don't really keep my PC on long enough to download the movie.
UPDATE:I talked to the seller from the link carioca10 provided. apparently that page has some misleading information. It sais it offer HDMI cable but the ddvice does not have HDMI-out. Also, the device isn't in stock for that seller right now. It will only be in stock in two weeks.

Last edited:

carioca10

Nov 1, 2010
Pazvanti,

My experience with my Iphone 3GS firmware updates is really bad. I am a heavy user of the Bluetooth features with GPS apps and outside GPS MTK-based receivers. Both work badly with newer firmware versions 4.X from Apple. I am seriously thinking on downgrading back to "marvellous" firmware 3.1.3.

Are the last generation firmwares the best ones?

Is it worth to wait for these devices with the Android 3.0 pre installed?

Comparing both Chinese tablets what is missing on each one?

PS: I have asked the second seller for possible firmware updates.