GenTouch78 From Amazon.com different hardware version than K-mart GenTouch78?

kero

Nov 15, 2010
Hello,

I got Gentouch78 from Amazon.com about a week ago.
I tried applying the updates based on the stickies of this discussion. I could not make any updates to work.
My gentouch has a standard 3.5MM headphone jack and has the orientation sensor working.
I was wondering if my version is different from K-Mart's gentouch.

Android Version 2.1 Update 1
Kernel version is
hengai@liv-and-ser #214

Build number is
telechips_tcc8900_multi-end 2.1 update 1 ECLAIR eng.hengai.20101001.162734 test-keys

Last edited:

joesc

Aug 9, 2010
wow, that's different from the K-mart Gentouch78. You have a newer build as well. Are you getting the full 800mhz they advertised too? Here's the informations from my gentouch when you go to Settins About Tablet-PC:

Model Number:
Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US)
Firmware Version:
2.1-update1
Baseband Version:
SimulatedCommands
Kernel Version:
King@localhost #185
Build Number:
telechips_tcc8900_us_eng 2.1-update1 ECLAIR eng.king.20100822.143725 test-keys

Of course, mine has the Lincracker rom. But still, the important thing is it looks like your build is from 10/01. But you should still be able to root it following the instructions here.

kero

Nov 15, 2010
I am new to Android OS, so I probably did something wrong there.
How can I find the CPU clock speed?
Any app I have to install?

Thanks!

joesc

Aug 9, 2010
They've posted on their site that there will be no more updates for the gentouch. I think the OP's machine might be a whole different revision of the hardware (since he claims 3.5mm jack and orientation sensor).

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
i emailed the vendor on amazon about what size the audio jack was.

after 2 days he emailed me back and told me to check Augens website.

OY

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
There is an excellent Wiki specifically dedicated to the Augen 78, and as much as I am loathe to send you someplace else, check out http://augendev.wikispaces.com/. They have very complete notes and downloads on rooting, updating and dropping a custom ROM on this device. Lincracker built a custom ROM off the Augen code that is pretty good.

Tipstr also has reposted a lot of the specific information on getting this all done here at http://bit.ly/cPEGWQ

Good luck

Last edited:

bL33d

Dec 3, 2010
Hello,

I got Gentouch78 from Amazon.com about a week ago.
I tried applying the updates based on the stickies of this discussion. I could not make any updates to work.
My gentouch has a standard 3.5MM headphone jack and has the orientation sensor working.
I was wondering if my version is different from K-Mart's gentouch.

Android Version 2.1 Update 1
Kernel version is
hengai@liv-and-ser #214

Build number is
telechips_tcc8900_multi-end 2.1 update 1 ECLAIR eng.hengai.20101001.162734 test-keys

I have same model and installed old patches to try and get market working and now wifi is not working can u please make a copy of ur system folder and or nandroid backup i can use?? please.

Dec 27, 2010
I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I break any Rules.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I also have the "fixed" version, but i can't install the patches, it just boots normally when i hold the back button. I'm new to android, and my tablets NOT rooted. Thank You