[Tutorial] CyanogenMod 7 Gingerbread - step by step installation Guide

stonecliff

Mar 18, 2012
Installed CM7 using instructions on a brand new TC970. Worked great. Thanks.

Everything was going great. Battery ran down, tablet shut off, and now will not restart. Battery icon shows on screen when plugged in, but cannot get tablet to start. Have tried pushing reset button - nothing.

Suggestions?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
stonecliff - there was a 3.1 update package made to fix the charger problem. It should be installed on top of your CM7 Bet 3 install, it only adds a few files.

cas_xp said:
[Update] Feb 24. 2012
Charge in power off state -- OK
Just flash it on top of Beta 3, it wont delete any of your data or app.

Beta 3.1 Charger

or Download from MIRROR here.

To recover from a discharged tablet ---> try reading our CM7 Release Thread at LPL - there were various people who had this kind of problem, and they describe their experiences, how they recovered in the thread.

Good luck!

stonecliff

Mar 18, 2012
Thanks. I should have noted that I had previously installed that update package.

In any case, I was finally able to restart it by holding down the "vol -" button and pushing the reset. Go figure.

chocolateeboy

Mar 25, 2012
im having problems installing the cm7 with my le pan tc970
i download the files and i extract the first one on to it andjust regularly put the second one on my sdcard after
like the guide saids.....but when i cut off my tablet and hold down volume- and power.....i get the (firmware file is bad screen)
i already formated the sd card and even purchased a 16 gb one....but still no luck ..i can root it still and everything.
but far as the installing part no luck. Help please a video will be helpfull too also

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
The 'Frimware File is BAD!!' error message is due to SD card incompatibility - I find that the original, Le Pan provided 2 GB SD card always works.

Put the CWM files on that card, also copy the CM7 install file to it. You should be all right them. ;)

MichaelT

Jun 1, 2012
I'm new to this and I want to learn, so I'm willing to give anything a try once.

First off, thanks for this, I hate the default tc970 OS, and I hate that my tc970 freezes all the time.

So I'm having problems getting into CWM. I downloaded both the CWM file ClockWorkMod_for_CM7_griffin.zip and the file update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-griffin-Beta5-sign.zip. I unzip the CWM to my lepan Root directory and the other file to the root also. So I turn off my lepan and restart by holding the vol- and the power button, the tablet restarts normally, and if I hold the vol+ and power button I get it to boot into the normal recovery. I only get 2 selections, reboot and factory restore. What am I doing wrong, why can't I get into CWM. Should I do a factory restore, before I did anything, I made sure to copy the contents of the sd card to my computer just incase something went wrong and I needed to replace the contents and get back to where I as before I started to do this. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks

Edit.. I got it to finally work. No idea how I got it to go but I did get it to go into CWM. Backing up as I write this. Any idea how to get the backup onto my computer so that it doesn't get screwed up.

Edit.. it froze up during a backup, Now I'm scared to even atempt this. Don't want to brick my device. Starting to hate this lepan tablet, nothing but problems. Before I do this I'm going to try to find the leaked lepan firmware before I try this.

Last edited:

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Michael, hang in there, we all have to work thru the hoops and the learning curve - you are doing well. :)

If you want to copy your backup to a computer or laptop, just create the backup from CWM, and later connect the tablet to a computer; it should show as a new USB device, and get a mapped drive letter to it. Look in there, and you will find a Clockworkmod folder in the SD card (now showing as a mapped drive in Windows Explorer), copy that folder and you have a replica of any backups saved there.

The 4749 leaked firmware is available from a thread at lepanlife.com, or from here.

Good luck! :)

MichaelT

Jun 1, 2012
Thanks, I found the leaked firmware last night. It fixed the freezing issue for the most part, I was able to eventually get the back up done and got CM7 installed. Woot. I love this rom, but I was a bit disapointed that my tablet still freezes. Not as often but it still freezes up, I must have got a bad tablet. It's all I can think of when it comes to it freezing up even with a differnt rom. I should have added another $100 and bought something better.

With as much money as I spent on this tablet, I shouldn't be best friends with the reset button and a paper clip.

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Hey Yann2. I'm having problems intalling 5.1 and 6. It says it goes through, but the version still says Beta 5. Don't know what else to do. The installs aren't taking. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. You've always been my go to guy, so I know you'll have the answer. If not, it's no big deal. My rooted EVO gives me GPS fine, but I would like it to work on my tablet. If not, I'll flash back to Beta 4 when it did work.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
luv2blze - the Beta 5.1 and 6 packages as just small updates - they add a few files, and enable Skype audio to work, and also GPS.

The 'About Tablet' information is not updated, which is what you are referring to; but I did install Beta 6, and used GPS Test, and it's working for me; it could see 12 satellites from my backyard. :)

Good luck!

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks man. I got it to work at my house, but I did notice that it takes a bit of time to get a signal. Are you getting the same issue?

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks man. I got it to work at my house, but I did notice that it takes a bit of time to get a signal. Are you getting the same issue?

If you try to use the GPS from inside a house, the signal is lower, and it could not work so well or at all. Best to test it outside. :)

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
OK. I also used GPS test yesterday and it saw nothing. Now I'm seeing 12 satellites in view, but where I am, I can't connect, but my phone does with no problem. It's not a big deal to me anymore as I know the thing works. Very happy now. I could care less about the camcorder, because it always sucked to me, lol. Thanx for all your help man!!

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
There's definitely something up. My GPS works, but the signal isn't the same. It won't connect when I'm at work, but my friends, one has LP1 stock and LP2 and the both get strong signal here. Not sure why.