Gonna root but.....

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
do the autonooter 3.0...it will be easier.

Wife's books are fine...the will still be on the default home screen and saved in the B&N book folder.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
ok and am I hosed if i dont have a micro sd adapter? i have no idea where mine is.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
ok and am I hosed if i dont have a micro sd adapter? i have no idea where mine is.

Well, you do need a way to write files from your PC to the card...and you can't use the Nook.

There are some crazy users around here that have successfully used their Samsung Impression feature phones, but that is generally ill-advised.

BTW, I notice you desired a G-Tab...I do believe after you root your Nook, you might think twice about that desire...don't discount these little 'e-readers'

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Well, you do need a way to write files from your PC to the card...and you can't use the Nook.

There are some crazy users around here that have successfully used their Samsung Impression feature phones, but that is generally ill-advised.

BTW, I notice you desired a G-Tab...I do believe after you root your Nook, you might think twice about that desire...don't discount these little 'e-readers'

W00T!! My neighbor had a micro SD card adapter so I'm set. The nook is the wifes so I have to have my own toy. She wants an iPad too but I'm hoping me rooting her nook will avoid that.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Excellent! well, if you have any questions, give us a holler and we will get you squared away!

Here is an older video of a rooted NC vs. the G-Tab

Keep in mind that the Nook has excelled leaps and bounds since that video was made.

Last edited by a moderator:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
So I'm reading Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 (1.1 only) - xda-developers which tells you how to root your NC if you have v1.1 firmware.

The post by avi is much different... Which is the way to go?

Also, What happens to my wifes books that were bought? Are they lost? can they be readded?

What is the stock OS version of the Nook right now? That will determine which step-by-step you should use.

W00T!! My neighbor had a micro SD card adapter so I'm set. The nook is the wifes so I have to have my own toy. She wants an iPad too but I'm hoping me rooting her nook will avoid that.

Depending on her needs and plans of use, I think the Nook Color will be a fine alternative.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Messed up... tried to factor restore... now im stuck on the nookcolor boot screen.... what to do?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Messed up... tried to factor restore... now im stuck on the nookcolor boot screen.... what to do?

We can help better if you give us a step by step of what you did, so we can narrow down what is causing the issue.

ps - durn Rico, you beat me to it.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What steps did you take and how far did you get? Did you remember to remove the SD card before rebooting?

You both beat me to it.

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
If you can't get the 8failed attempts and N+POWER reset, then use the link in my signature to get the proper files and instructions...doing those instructions will do the factory reset for you.

Do the whole thing and you will be back to fresh from the factory new.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Rooted using Auto-nooter 3.0.0
Booted up
Followed the steps in: Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 (1.1 only) - xda-developers
Got an error after boot up
Was like.. ok ill try again after I restore
Finally got it to restore and it got stuck on the nook color boot animation...
Was like I'll try again
Put the SD card back in with Auto-Nooter 3.0.0
Now it is stuck drawing Android... it never finishes the sketch.. just reboots.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Did you update your Nook to 1.1 before using the autonooter 3.0?