Got my Archos 70... What I'm doing with it now

DroidxRage

Nov 3, 2010
I got my tablet last night and love it so far. I got to thinking, what to get for it now and what to do.

first I installed the google market and apps with no problems. I transfered swype from my phone to the tablet with bluetooth file transfer because I had to have it with no physical keyboard.

I tried to use titanium backup to restore the apps from my phone and realized I need root for that. :( So hopefully we can take care of that soon and see what else this device can squeeze out.

I left the screen protector on until I can go to the store and try something different. I'll have to see what I can find. I also would like to try and find a leather (or similar) case for it.

I'll update here with whatever I find. :)

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Nice to see you are enjoying your tablet. I am waiting for Expansys to have it in stock so I can order it. so far they are the only ones I saw that ship to Romania (my country).
Please write more about your experience with it. :D

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
You could possibly be able to root with Universal Androot or something similar.. there is an ABD method you can use and no matter what version of android you're using and it's supposed to work.... I recall someone already having done it in my research on these tabs.. you should be able to do a search and find the method they used... (just looked and can't find the site i was looking at, but i'm sure I didn't imagine it...lol)

as far as a case Archos's web site is listing the 7"home tablet letherette slip case as compatable the a70 https://store.archos.com/archos-internet-tablet-p-5004.html

Last edited:

KaiNinaste

Nov 5, 2010
Where did you get the Google Market download from?

Currently my Appslibb won't work at all so uninstalled it... piece of ****

mattls

Dec 21, 2010
@ Doc
Thanks, that video was really helpful.
My tablet just came in and i was stressing over how to get the marketplace on; now i have it!

Doc

Dec 20, 2010
@ Doc
Thanks, that video was really helpful.
My tablet just came in and i was stressing over how to get the marketplace on; now i have it!

You are welcome. And be sure to download the New ARCHOS Firmware (2.0.71) :cool: C. U

Pompeybear

Dec 16, 2010
I am currently watching the wrapping paper my 101 is in . 34 years old and I have not been this excited since I got a mega drive !

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
try signing up for the beta program on the swype website... they may let you in... considering you're a alternate not so previlant device, at least not as pervilent as most phones...