Haipad posts "Bluetooth Applications"

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Haipad just posted two Bluetooth apps for download on their site:

????--www.haipad.net

Folder contains:

BlueInput.apk
BluetoothFile.apk

They don't say what devices these are for, but if you look below they've put out two official videos (one for the M701 the other for the M701-R) showing how to use the Bluetooth capabilities. It looks for all the world like we DO have Bluetooth built-in on our tablets after all!!!

Here's what it says on their News Page:

Exclusive secret, Haina Haipad implements Bluetooth Tablet
Posted by: PHOEBE Published: 12/16/2010 1:46:08 PM

Presently many low-end tablets do not have Bluetooth functionality, so it is a headache for the user who needs Bluetooth to transfer files. Android system and Bluetooth support is very poor, so many original manufacturers and solutions companies give up the Bluetooth function because for many of the programs the company has they don't have strong, independent development. The Haina secret with our own Haipad tablet to add Bluetooth functionality is not Telechips original and the programs came out in the company's technical support and assistance of independent development. Haina also proved to always be at the forefront in secondary Android development.

The official video recording also demonstrates how to turn on the Bluetooth function of the machine, how to transfer files to your phone. And demonstrates the use of Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and headphones connected to the Haipad tablet.

(through Google Translate and my own editing trying to make it read less like gibberish - so this translation is not guaranteed totally accurate)

Last edited:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Haipad has also made an English language video explaining the "secret" to enabling Bluetooth on the Haipad M701:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/w_OIxQQyqY8/

I don't own any Bluetooth devices so I can't check this out. In the video the person selects a setting I don't have, which I presume exists/populates only if a Bluetooth device is detected?

There also another video there showing the M701-R using a "built-in wireless" function to connect to both a keyboard and mouse at the same time (they also connect these same devices in the other video and state they ARE Bluetooth devices)

Can anyone tell from the video which firmware they are using? It has the same default desktop background as the 11.16 and given the icon sizes doesn't appear to be the 1022 small print firmware (but the only thing that's supposed to be different between them is the LCD density setting).

Last edited:

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
While that IS an awesome discovery, I can only imagine what it will do to our poor overtaxed batteries.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
I did just try these apps on my m701.
The one app is to connect to bluetooth input devices like a keyboard, the other one seems to be a bluetooth FTP application.
both did not work on my pad (tried to activate bluetooth but failed) with both no device attaced and with a Bluetooth USB stick attached.
I think they mentioned before that they managed to produce a telechips android pad with build in bluetooth but i do not think it is standard equipment (like the IR reciver on the m701-r)
(using firmware #181)

Last edited:

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
I am not able to get this to work. I have the bluetooth options under settings, but they do not turn on. When I click the "Turn on Bluetooth" button it just stays flashes and stays dim. When I try the bluetooth file transfer program it attempts to enable bluetooth, but fails and repeats. This is on the 4gb M701-R with original firmware.

mELIANTE

Dec 1, 2010
Maybe it's only for the updated M701 I read about in their site's news (I think I read it there).

stgardner

Dec 8, 2010
It could be that you do not have a "genuine" Haina Haipad, as described on the Euogo.com site. If Euogo's claim is to be believed, there are Chinese companies making knockoffs of the Haipad that might not have the same capabilities as the Haina version. Yes, it is a shocking thought, but it might account for the lack of Bluetooth on your tablet. Does anyone know where or how to get a genuine Haina Haipad, besides from Euogo?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I just emailed Haipad about these apps and the videos asking for some clarification on what tablet(s) the apps are for and if it is even possible to enable Bluetooth on all M701/M701-R as shown in their videos. They've been very good about answering my technical questions, so when I hear back I'll post what they say.

I have found one online retailer selling the 4GB M701-R as now having Bluetooth capability, so maybe this is only on the "enhanced" version.

In the meantime I guess either try to keep getting it to work or wait for the "official word" on this feature.

Last edited:

tbackus

Dec 24, 2010
Thanks OffWorld. Cannot wait to hear the response... If my digitizer replacement fails, I will probably order another, but this time I will get one with bluetooth...

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Official Response from Haipad:

Since December 2010, HAIPAD M701/M701-R have added Bluetooth with a built-in Bluetooth adapter.
Previous products, there is no built-in Bluetooth adapter, so for you it will not work.

If you're ordering an M701/M701-R right now make sure the seller is advertising that it HAS this Bluetooth capability. If they don't mention it, assume you are getting pre-December 2010 stock that does not have it. Those of us who bought in early are out of luck with our tablets. :( Sorry.

Last edited:

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
Is there anyway to verify? ie, fixed sd slot, 4gb = Bluetooth? ... all pre December devices are 2gb with protruding sd slot?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I don't know yet. I'm awaiting another reply on how to know when your tablet was manufactured.

I suspect it is encoded in the barcode sticker number on the back of the tablet, and think I may even know how to read it (if I'm right), but I thought I'd better confirm my suspicion before posting it here as if it were fact.

Last edited:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Ok, here's what I found out.

All Haipad M701/M701-R tablets produced before 26 November 2010 will be 2 GB with a SD card that sticks out about half way. After that date they are 4 GB models with a "fixed" SD card that goes in almost all the way.

According to Eugo.com (and not Haipad) units with remote controls do not have Bluetooth (it is apparently an either/or option, you can either have a remote or have Bluetooth, but not both). But according to Haipad not all 4 GB non-remote models have the Bluetooth option - it was only added in units built beginning in December 2010. Which, of course, leads to the question of how do we find the manufacture date?

Well, Haipad didn't exactly answer that question. I had thought maybe it was encoded in the number under the barcode on the back of the unit, and sent them the number from my tablet in the email. The answer I got was that my tablet was produced in October 2010. Since the ONLY info about my tablet I provided was that number it strongly implies that the manufacture date IS encoded in the number, but the company rep didn't provide an explanation. :( There is a thread in the M701/M701-R Group trying to crack the code, if it indeed even exists.

Otherwise it's sort of a circular logic that if you have a tablet with Bluetooth it was made in December because only tablets made in December have Bluetooth.

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
Well it looks like I am out of luck, mine came with a remote control!, guess it's not that big of a deal, the most I would do with bluetooth would be to connect a GPS unit, but it looks like it only does Input and Filetransfer, so I couldn't do GPS anyway.

wiresquire

Jan 8, 2011
To confuse things even more, mine has a remote control, and has bluetooth. Got mine from Merimobiles this month - it's the 4GB HY NAND, and had BlueInput and BT File transfer preinstalled (ROM #185). BT file transfer speed is terrible - about 3KB/s. Even my old Nokia would do ~90KB/s.
The rest of the system becomes very unresponsive as well when file transfers are in progress.

I have used an application called 'Bluetooth GPS Provider' - available from market - to pair with my Nokia LD-3W bluetooth external GPS. That works, but have only used it to get my location at home, ie not when moving.

Last edited: