Having some issues with my gentouch(2nd ed?)

kalin

Dec 25, 2010
Just got my gentouch today for christmas, was using it most the day with no issue.

Came home, and noticed there was a patch available, downloaded, ran the bat, did the back+restart instruction etc.

Problem is now when i reset, or do a factory reset it tries to act like an android phone and asks me for my gmail account, like the whole setup. It also stopped letting me download things from the app store where it let me before, and the biggest thing was the accelerometer stopped working.

The only reason I assumed I have a 2nd edition is that everything i read said they didn't have accelerometers, but when i was toying with my, if i twitched the screen would spin(rather sensitive). Not sure whats wrong, can anyone help?

kalin

Dec 25, 2010
I've also come to notice that even if i put an SD card into the tablet, its not recognizing it for some reason. It will show 3 drives pop up, two ask me to insert a disk. The other has a DCIM folder, and 3 images(stock flower pictures). Anything I copy to any of those folders cannot be found with any of the file browsers, and nothing seems to save to the SD card

laurieb

Dec 24, 2010
I am taking mine back today, the charging light stayed on orange all night and never went to green? Then it would hardly power on.

I am disappointed with it, not sure I will even buy another for my child.

cool1100

Dec 7, 2010
I've had mine for a couple of weeks, my charge light never goes off when plugged in, I don't think it means it's constantly charging or I am sure mine would have blown up by now.

CALBOLT

Dec 21, 2010
Kalin, while the unit is off, insert your SD card, then turn on. Seems to work for me.(16gb Sandisk)
{To see files (I) Tap the gray tab, AndExplorer
Tap [root]
(scroll down) Tap sdcard (not the button on top)}
Your are here, please watch your step as you exit the vehicle.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
The only reason I assumed I have a 2nd edition is that everything i read said they didn't have accelerometers, but when i was toying with my, if i twitched the screen would spin(rather sensitive). Not sure whats wrong, can anyone help?

The 2nd edition does have an accelerometer, a 3.5m head phone jack and a white power button. Did you try to flash the 2nd edition with the first edition firmware?

The 2nd edition does not come with Google Market installed.

kalin

Dec 25, 2010
The 2nd edition does have an accelerometer, a 3.5m head phone jack and a white power button. Did you try to flash the 2nd edition with the first edition firmware?

The 2nd edition does not come with Google Market installed.

Yes, It was the 2nd edition. upon doing some reasearch after my post I found out it was the 2nd edition. But sadly, that was after I'd looked at some information on another site(before I found this one), informing me of updates i'd need and flashed with patch 3 of the first edition firmware.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Yes, It was the 2nd edition. upon doing some reasearch after my post I found out it was the 2nd edition. But sadly, that was after I'd looked at some information on another site(before I found this one), informing me of updates i'd need and flashed with patch 3 of the first edition firmware.

Yep... unfortunately quite a lot of people did the very same you did, and quite a lot of them have bricked their tablets :(

kalin

Dec 25, 2010
Well it didn't brick it, it was still usable. But I contacted the company it was bought from and told them the accelerometer just stopped working, and that the touch screen has become completely unresponive on more than one occasion, and that the OS continued to freeze on me. They sent me a packing slip and are replacing it, so here's to the future of reading before flashing.

kalin

Dec 25, 2010
Just got the new one today, everything seems in order. Now to just get it set up the way i like it. I have noticed though, the power button on the last one I had was white and lit red/orange, this one is blue.

el_ayatola

Dec 6, 2010
Hi kalin. You have the new one. Just need some adjustment. Browse the Augen forum and download 1market, youtube app and with your augen go to Aldiko | SlideME to download sam 4.0 and get more app. ( By the way... to browse internet you need to download dolphinHD.) Whit slideme sam4.0 you can get facebook app and nimbuzz to chat with it.

kalin

Dec 25, 2010
Fever i've been crazy busy, But as soon as I get home from work tonight I'll get that picture uploaded. Left my tablet at home today.

Like I said, I noticed the blue, and its usually when its not plugged in and/or reached a full charge on the charger. When I let the battery run down, the button is red.

kalin

Dec 25, 2010
$2011-01-16_18.48.44.jpg$2011-01-16_09.33.18.jpgand as I said, here is he bluelight fully charged, and the red light while charging.