Hello

G37

Jan 3, 2012
AndroidTablets.NET Forums!

Wanted to drop a thread and say hello and provide some basic facts:

Name: Steve
Married: YES
State: Illinois (for now)
Work: Mid-Level IT Systems Administrator at a very large and well known mid-west insurance company
Android Products: HTC Incredible Running 2.3
Android Experience: Limited, but I'm in IT and I keep current. I rooted my phone, that means something right?

I fell onto the forums as a means of staying current on the android tablet market trends as I am in the lookout for a nice Tablet. I've peaked on the forums and consumed a great deal android wisdom posted on here and I wish to return the favor by participating in the discussions. I have the date marked on the calendar for January 31st as to when I will buy an android tablet. If I hear news of a really great tablet before then, I could perhaps postpone the date in hopes for something better.

Current Tablets I'm considering:
1. Sony Tablet S (if they come out with a Tegra 3 version, I'm getting it)
2. Asus Transformer Prime (fix the GPS please!)
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab (Tegra 3)
4. Apple IPAD2 (if the market doesn't look good)

I'm a big fan of community (not the TV show), don't like trolling or tearing people down. I can debate respectfully and just love to help people in general. Look forward to talking with you all!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to having you here.

I love my Transformer, and extensively tested the Xoom and the Galaxy for 30 days each.

Glad to have you here!

Cheers,
Peter

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome.

I too have the OG Transformer and love it. I rooted it, custom ROMed it and custom kernel. Love it even more after doing that.

I think the Prime is the one to get. I know a lot of users are reporting GPS issues and WiFi issues, but I know a good deal more people without these issues and are extatic with their Primes. Some of them are even OG TF owners.

Good luck in your decision, you are in the right place to get opinions and information.

G37

Jan 3, 2012
Agreed, but I think the size issue is too much for me. I really cannot stand the 10.1" design, its crippling with regards to mobile efficiency. That Sony at ~9.4" is perfect, IMHO.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Steve, welcome to the forum. Whichever you decide on, you're going to have quite a tablet. Based on your original post, I was going to suggest you take a look at http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1-inch-1920-1200-resolution-screen-leaks.html but I see from your reply that the 10.1 probably knocked it out of contention. I've been to your work location several times in a consulting capacity, very nice facility.