Help a noob with phiremod v2

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I can't believe I missed that very small but very important detail myself, even posted the wrong link. :(

We could have had this issue wrapped up around post 4 or 5.

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
Yup that did it. Finally! Now to read up on how to pimp this baby out. Thanks for all the help everyone. It is IMMENSELY appreciated

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Glad I could help. It's the ONE think about phiremod that I don't like, he is concurrently managing two builds (one based on CM7, the other based on a Froyo) but doesn't name them differently enough for people to catch unless they pay REAL close attention.

Also Rico - the updated CWR has an issue when Flashing Recovery - you get the FULL list of devices and there are TWO nook color options. We need to update your how-to to reflect that.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I've been thinking about giving phiremod a try. I'm rooted, on b&n 1.1 with the 1.1 GHz kernal. Questions:

1) the installation procedure for installing phiremod is not dependent on whether or not I've rooted and/or which kernal I'm running right?
2) I've bought a couple of apps from the market (setcpu, tapatalk, etc.). Will I lose those and have to purchase them again, or is the fact that my account previously purchased them going to allow me to download them again for free?
3) Do I need to do anything special to backup my apps with Ti Backup to port them over to phiremod? I have Ti Backup installed, but I have not backed up any apps with it because I don't understand what backing up an app means/does...
4) Anything that should be done pre phiremode to help the post phiremod install as far as getting my apps back etc.?

Thanks in advance!

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
And one more: what are the pros/cons of using the beta 2 vs v4? From up above it sounds like the beta 2 is installed onto the emmc and the v4 is installed from the sd card? I'm not sure that that's right... I'm confused...

avi

Staff member
Jan 27, 2011
1. Nope, it is not dependent as it will be directly installed to internal storage.
2. Better take a back up using Titanium or similar
3. No, you don't need to port anything, just take back up.
4. Back up
5. Beta 2 is Froyo and v4 is Gingerbread. Froyo is quite stable compared to v4.