[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks again for the help. Yeah, I'm good with with the making a backup and creating a bootable SD.

pungohboy

Jan 24, 2011
I am running the 6.1 version of phiremod I just started having issues with wifi I can not see any networks at all my work has a open network and my phone can be a hotspot and now I can see none of them. Everything was working earlier today. I saw a few others with issues but didnt ever see a fix.

I had an issue with wifi when i ran cm7 bootable SD and I figured that was a issue with the sd since it is only class 2. Should I try updating to 6.2 or wipe and reload 6.2? Or is it actually something with my nook?

Any help would be great.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I would try backing up your current system and then wipe data and caches. Then install a rom to internal memory and see if you still have the wifi issues. Maybe that will fix it.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Having a problem with a couple weather related apps. Many television stations distribute a weather radar app from Raycom Media that is rebranded for each station. My local station is WAVE3. The app is https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wave.android.weather&feature=search_result. It worked fine on my rooted NC, but now that I've installed phiremod 6.2, the app won't run - it caused a FC.

I grew quite fond of the app during the recent tornado outbreaks and would really like to get it back on my Nook. Anyone have an idea how to make it work? I also noticed that a few other mobile apps are wanting to run as a small display rather than full screen on the Nook.

Thanks to all of you who gave me the courage to install the ROM!

Jim

It could be that the app isn't made to work on the Gingerbread Android 2.3 operating system. A handful of apps only work on certain OSs.

pungohboy

Jan 24, 2011
I would try backing up your current system and then wipe data and caches. Then install a rom to internal memory and see if you still have the wifi issues. Maybe that will fix it.

Thanks I was at work trying to post so I left out a little detail I have it installed to the internal memory. Shortly after posting and letting it sit for a while it started seeing wifi networks again. I think i will try to update to 6.2 I just made a backup of where it sits now.

Thanks again.

gudism

Apr 22, 2011
Has anyone used the app autokiller? Does it work ok with CM7 and/or phiremod 6.2?
Any issues? I have heard it can give battery life improvement but I am a little hesitant to install

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
It could be that the app isn't made to work on the Gingerbread Android 2.3 operating system. A handful of apps only work on certain OSs.

It force closes for me too. It shows up in notification bar though. You can see if the developer has an email listed in the market and contact them about this.

sent from my rooted nook color

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Has anyone used the app autokiller? Does it work ok with CM7 and/or phiremod 6.2?
Any issues? I have heard it can give battery life improvement but I am a little hesitant to install

I am not a big fan of auto task killers. Google has stated not to use them because it works against the OS's built in task killing capabilities.

sent from my rooted nook color

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Ok, I have CWR 3.0.2.8 on the nook. I flashed 6.2 and now it is stuck in the boot mood I tried reflashing with no luck. Any one out the able to hekp me? J515OP? You have been a lot of help to me. Oh this nook has (had)the newest nook Os on it. Does that make a difference?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ok, I have CWR 3.0.2.8 on the nook. I flashed 6.2 and now it is stuck in the boot mood I tried reflashing with no luck. Any one out the able to hekp me? J515OP? You have been a lot of help to me. Oh this nook has (had)the newest nook Os on it. Does that make a difference?

Nook version shouldn't make a difference since 6.2 will completely overwrite it. Did you leave a booteable CWR disk in when rebooting? Ohter than that my guess is just a bad install which sometimes happens to. YOu might need to clear everything and start again, not just reflash over the top.

JP

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks, I will try this . I started to do it last night but though maybe it might have been something simple. Maybe the 6.2 download I did was messed up so I will download that again.

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
One last question. I personally use a separate sd card for my nook. She only brought me 2. I have the nand backup on one and the other is CWR and 6.2. Is it OK to use the one with the CWR on it in her nook or should we get another one?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
One last question. I personally use a separate sd card for my nook. She only brought me 2. I have the nand backup on one and the other is CWR and 6.2. Is it OK to use the one with the CWR on it in her nook or should we get another one?

Sorry maybe I need a cup of coffee this morning but I'm not quite following the question. If you want to use your CWR bootable SD with 6.2 on it to flash her nook that is fine. If you need to use the nand backup card for other purposes you can always copy the files on to a pc and then use the SD card a s blank card for what ever you need and return the nandroid backups before a restore. In fact you can always copy any data from an SD to the pc if you need to use the card for something else and tehn move it back as necessary. A little laboriuos but it works.

The only thing you can't do is copy a boot disk to your pc and have a usable SD because creating a boot disk requires you to "burn an image" to it.

I hope that makes sense.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.