[ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pungohboy

Jan 24, 2011
Has anyone used Pandora music app using phiremod 6.1? Im just getting FCs and wanted to make sure it wasnt just me.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stricknook

Mar 31, 2011
would it be possible just fricking once for these sites to have what they are posted to have.ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2 is the google post title, ditto for the forum title, no ficking rom in this damn thread! honest this is getting old if the thread does not contain a rom, or at least the link to the actual rom, change the title to "listen to my self speak about somthing"

Verynew

Mar 25, 2011
I have a few eBooks, video and MP3 files saved on my micro SD card. Which Android Nook reader apps, video and MP3 players do you recommend? Also, do I have to mount the micro SD card in order for my Nook to see the card? If I have to mount the card, which app do I need to use? Thanks again for your help.
Thanks,

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
would it be possible just fricking once for these sites to have what they are posted to have.ROM][April 29 2011] >>> phiremod nook V6.2 <<< | CM7.0.2 is the google post title, ditto for the forum title, no ficking rom in this damn thread! honest this is getting old if the thread does not contain a rom, or at least the link to the actual rom, change the title to "listen to my self speak about somthing"

You see that there is a link to the 6.2 in the first post right?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I have a few eBooks, video and MP3 files saved on my micro SD card. Which Android Nook reader apps, video and MP3 players do you recommend? Also, do I have to mount the micro SD card in order for my Nook to see the card? If I have to mount the card, which app do I need to use? Thanks again for your help.
Thanks,
For Ebooks, Moonreader is one of the best apps.
For MP3, the MUSIC app that its included at this ROM is excellent player.
For Video, if U just want to watch some normal avi, all kind of players like Rockplayer, Yxplayer can do the job.For more advanced video like 720p, Vplayer should be fine.

About the mounting of SD card, the moment U put the card inside, NOOK accepts it and loads all apps normally.
Only for unmounting U have to go and do this through settings.

Verynew

Mar 25, 2011
For Ebooks, Moonreader is one of the best apps.
For MP3, the MUSIC app that its included at this ROM is excellent player.
For Video, if U just want to watch some normal avi, all kind of players like Rockplayer, Yxplayer can do the job.For more advanced video like 720p, Vplayer should be fine.

About the mounting of SD card, the moment U put the card inside, NOOK accepts it and loads all apps normally.
Only for unmounting U have to go and do this through settings.

RASTAVIPER, thank you for all your help.

DJFOX

Mar 9, 2011
dumb question for a newer android user... I'm currently autonootered right now (latest version) if I want to upgrade to CM 7.0.3 will I lose all of my information? Games, saved, books... etc? Was hoping there is a way I can save everything :)

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Hello. I also tried to install this but mine is stick on the boot animation. Can you be more specific? Do I need to go into cwr and reflash phiremod? If so, how? Or do I news to do everything from scratch (reinstall cwr & flash phiremod)? Thx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Hello. I also tried to install this but mine is stick on the boot animation. Can you be more specific? Do I need to go into cwr and reflash phiremod? If so, how? Or do I news to do everything from scratch (reinstall cwr & flash phiremod)? Thx

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OK, I figured out on getting into CWR and I did reflash phiremod. I did wipe cache & data before reflashing. I even downloading the phiremod file again to ensure it was downloaded correctly. The MD5 hash was confirmed to be correct. I still am getting stuck on the boot animation (a streak going around Andy). What do I do now?

cocomo59

Mar 17, 2011
I know people will disagree with this but I have never wiped anything and have never had anything but minor problems. Seems that I may be one of a few that might not wipe.

TabletConnect

Aug 4, 2010
Ok, I think I know why I cannot get this ROM to work. Here is the explanation courtesy of XDA forum:

"B+N have made a change as to how they partition the internal storage space on the nook. New nooks are now shipping with new partitions and you can identify these as they have a blue sticker on the box.

Old partitions: 1GB for data (i.e. apps), 5GB for media (books/music/whatever else)
New partitions: 5GB for data, 1GB for media (if you need more media space you use your sdcard)

With clockworkmod recovery 3.0.2.8 there is a "bug" that doesn't allow formatting of a data partition bigger than 1.9GB so currently you can't use CWM to flash ANY custom ROM (inc. CM7).

Current options for installing CM7 are:
1) Be patient, an updated CWM should be here any day, so just run stock for now..
2) Follow this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1094371 to repartition your newer nook partitions into the older 1GB data/5GB media, and then go back to the top and follow my guide. If you want to repartition using the .zips in DeanGibson's thread, you can flash them using the CWM SD you make in steps 1+2 of my guide above, then go on and flash CM7."

I have one of these newer NC. I was able to restore stock BN 1.2. So I will just run the CM7 from the SD card.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Some weeks have passed and still no 6.3 at topic.
Where are the mods?

Sent from Nook Color on Phiremod 6.3 @1.3Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.