help on a few things

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
i just got my A70 250gb today and am trying to get it all set up.
1) how can i tell what type of email account i have to sign in?
2) Have you guys ever heard of ADW launcher? if that wont work are their really any good themes available?
3) Im not too familiar with tethering but i have a Motorola milestone XT270 if anyone can explain that to me. I can connected them with blue tooth but it says they are paired but not connected

thank you very much guys

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
1. For Appslib, you can cancel and not register and still download free apps without email
1. For Amazon, You can use any email address
1. For Market, You need to use either a registered Gmail account or can use the email address you used for your Milestone to access Market
2. I have used ADW and Zeam. Some love ADW, others Zeam. I ended up with Zeam. But that is me. You should be fine with ADW over the default
3. You can tether. There are step by step instructions at Archos under their FAQ/Support section. It would be easier for you to go to Archos.com and read this link
ARCHOS
or This link gives a general intro. It is for the Gen7 A5,but process is similar. ARCHOS

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
im trying to just log onto my email so i can check it on my tab but it asks if its a imap, pop3, or exchange and i dont know which mine is. and i installed the google marketplace on there but when i search for the ADW launcher it doesnt show up.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Most emails are POP based. Some may do POP and SMTP. Receive via POP and send via SMTP.
Did you run the Market Fix, Some people have to run the fix more than once to find everything. (Do not ask me why.I have no idea.) I had to run the fix (Delete cache and such more than once to get Zeam)

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
just did the fix and found some apps i was looking for :). do you know what type a gmail account is?

jmyers

Jan 26, 2011
just did the fix and found some apps i was looking for :). do you know what type a gmail account is?

If you installed the Android Market you can install the Gmail app (you don't need to know any info other than your account info). This will allow you to configure and sync multiple gmail/google apps accounts (one will be the default). The generic "email" app that came pre-installed will allow you to sync your work email, ISP provided email or other online free service like yahoo or Hotmail.

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
thanks jmyers, im going to have to figure out what my fuse email is. I will probably download the gmail app. i love this tablet so far. i need to figure out where to get movies though

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
oh and gurgle i tried both Zeam and ADW and i like the Zeam so much better except that ADW lets you edit icons which is nice. i wish i could combine the two

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
oh and gurgle i tried both Zeam and ADW and i like the Zeam so much better except that ADW lets you edit icons which is nice. i wish i could combine the two

Don't we all. I wish I had the time and knowledge resource to create the best of both. Zeam is Lightweight, but has it's issues. ADW is nice, but to me a bit clunky at times. I chose Zeam. But, keep an eye out at all launchers.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You can search for Surprise Flash for 10.2 on Market. And 10.1 is available from Appslib. I am using 10.2 and am happy. There is no perfect Flash for Gen 8. But 10.2 is really close

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I use SkyFire for my browser to view Flash content and the downloaded Adobe Flash app to play my YouTube, VeVo and other flash apps.