Hi Everyone.. I'm New.. With A Problem!

bcmuffn

Aug 29, 2015
I'm not as smart as I'd like to be, with computers and tablets, so I need some help with my tablet.
It's a Hipstreet Model HS-10DTB12, (actually has 16 GB), running Android 4.2.2. I've had it for a year and it's been great, but, the last several months, I haven't been able to download any updates. The same message always appears, "cannot download, not enough storage".
I do not have much on my tablet, so I should have lots of storage for updates. Have you encountered this before, or am I just delusional????
Is there a cure?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You are not alone. This is a common issue with 16GB tablets. You may want to use the file manager to poke around the file system to see what can be deleted. Look in the DCIM and download folder in particular. Once you have freed up some space install CCleaner to free up more. You may also want to look to see if there is an app you previously installed that you don't really use that can be uninstalled.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi bcmuffn, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

bcmuffn

Aug 29, 2015
Welcome to the forum

You are not alone. This is a common issue with 16GB tablets. You may want to use the file manager to poke around the file system to see what can be deleted. Look in the DCIM and download folder in particular. Once you have freed up some space install CCleaner to free up more. You may also want to look to see if there is an app you previously installed that you don't really use that can be uninstalled.
Thank you for the response. I will investigate those suggestions in hopes of finding the answer and welcome any other solutions that you or anyone can come up with.