Hibernation on Gentouch?

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
Before buying my Gentouch I had one of those Chinese Apad clones. The device was rubbish (but than again for USD 60:)), but had ONE feature I really miss on my Gentouch: hibernation. It was useful for 1, saving battery, 2, fast startup instead of watching the green guy for a minute..
Any idea, if hibernation possible is on the Gentouch, and if yes, how to get it?

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
Is "quickly press the power button down once" equal to hibernation?? I thought it was just turning the screen off. On my Apad-clone after (long)pressing the power button a menu popped-up, with silent mode, airplane mode, hibernation and power off as options.. i thought Gentouch should have/has a similar hibernation function available..

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
yep; long press gives the options silent mode and power off. This is the place (long press power button), where on my Apad-clone hibernation as an extra option showed up; after chosing it went into -hmm- hibernation. Actually I never figured, what exactly hibernation exactly ment, but 1, after turning on the Apad after hibernation the SD card was mounting again, and importantly, 2, battery use in hibernation was <1%/hr -something I would like to see in my sleeping Gentouch!