Dock Box
77104_459521262948_579882948_5655476_5910153_n.jpg

2 Draw! Apk
148386_459523707948_579882948_5655542_7699792_n.jpg

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
My current favorite is the light-weight launcher "Zeam":

ZeamLandscape.png

I have it set to hide the notification bar that the top for a cleaner look. Widgets are BattStat and TypoClock.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
can you remove the stock loader once you have another one installed? It still seems like my device starts the original launcher even though i have it set to only use LanucherPro

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@bigwooly - You have to set the alternative Launcher as the new "default." When you go to the home screen it should be asking you which Launcher app to use and have a checkbox to set your selection as the default, so the next time you reboot it will automatically use the alternative app instead of the stock one.

If it's not doing that you can try this:

Settings>Manage Applications

Hit "Menu" button and select "Filter>All" to show all applications (usually it just shows downloaded ones)

Scroll down to "Home" and click the "Clear Defaults" button. When you go back to your home screen it should ask you which app to use and give you the aforementioned checkbox for default.

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
another option is an app called HomeSwitcher in Market, allows you to switch between different launchers and set one as a default.

- pb

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
by default, there is a "home screen" in android devices. Most vendors have tweaked this to have their logo or other specific things on this screen, and it also manages layouts, etc. Home Screen Replacement is simply the installation of a different application that allows you to change, customize or do different things with your home screen (the destination when you press the home button). Themes are customizations that change things like the fonts used for app names, etc., colors for borders or backgrounds, application icons, etc.

TABMOMMI

Dec 17, 2010
ok. so what do i actually need to install to get my home screen to look like this. im looking for the apps you guys mentioned but im not finding them in any of the 3 markets i have on my tablet. ( do i have too many markets lol) but umm yeah so any help would be great.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I use tag launcher, its very simple but has different pages in the app drawer so you can put your apps on its own page like games or internet, i also second adw but a new one is go launcher it looks pretty interesting. and tabmommi just go into the market and install one of these home replacements or here is a direct link for adw org.adw.launcher.apk you can practice with that one

TABMOMMI

Dec 17, 2010
I use tag launcher, its very simple but has different pages in the app drawer so you can put your apps on its own page like games or internet, i also second adw but a new one is go launcher it looks pretty interesting. and tabmommi just go into the market and install one of these home replacements or here is a direct link for adw org.adw.launcher.apk you can practice with that one

thanks a bunch . i have a question i have like 3 markets on my tablet ( so shame lol ) i have sam.3.5 cause 4.0 wont load and there is not an icon for it aget i install it. i have camangi and appstore. which one to look in to to get the things your talking about.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
We are talking about the actual android market I don't know if any of those markets offer them

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

TABMOMMI

Dec 17, 2010
We are talking about the actual android market I don't know if any of those markets offer them

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

ok i dont have the actual andriod market on this tablet. idk im trying tho. lol ,, humm i can forsee that im going to be doing alot of searching and asking questions. from here on out. ughh